Green Star Polls question

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by new2salt2, Feb 19, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

yea they polyps i think the diff between yours and mine are that mine are not buttons.. i think thats why they dont look as spead open as yours

2. Click Here!

3. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

they all dieing now..

4. tdevil

tdevil Feather Duster

man, im sorry to here that, i gave you some karma

could you post your parameters, i would like to try and help if i can, and if you want me to
    we will figure out what happened ;)

td

5. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

you have a pm Tdevil

6. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

What happend? water params?

7. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

ok.. here are perameters after yesterdays water change.

amonia 0
    nitrite 0
    PH 8.3

using Lamotte test for next two
    calcium 576
    alk showed 230 on plunger. was told to divide by 50 because there are 50PPM to every 1MEQ/L that puts me at 4.6 MEQ/L on my alk.

still have a balled up or 2 polyps left not sure if they gone already or not.. kind of hope not cause would be nice to save them and watch them grow back

8. Click Here!

9. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Leave them in there youll be surprised what they can take. buddy of mine had some that did the same thing in his tank,it was just a piece of rock with some purple stuff on it.After 3 weeks in my tank theyre starting to come back.
    Your tank just may not be ready yet

10. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

well i hope so.. forgot to mention my nitrates were 80 after water change. tank is established other than the high calcium and ALK i cant figure out why they wont come out

11. tdevil

tdevil Feather Duster

[quote author=new2salt2 link=board=Coral;num=1077259159;start=15#17 date=03/04/04 at 09:32:55]well i hope so.. forgot to mention my nitrates were 80 after water change.  tank is established other than the high calcium and ALK i cant figure out why they wont come out[/quote]

ok, your calc is a bit high, how, what are you dosing?
    your trates are a bit high also, might want to do a few more water changes, this will help dilute it a bit
    i still think that your cc substrate is causing some of your problems, when you do a w/c try to suck out some of the bad stuff in the substrate, a Python works great for this, it wont suck out the cc but it will clean it (in the picture, in the link)

do another water change then wait a few hrs then test again, sorry, i cant get more involved right now, goto go eat, i will get back to you ;)

td

12. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

well i honestly think that my high calcium is due to my salt.  I chagned another 5 gallons out and mixed it at 1.023.  i have a level of 590PPM now and was at 500 with mixed water.  so it is my source water and i am using a filter.  I have not dosed any calcium in weeks

I always suck from the substrate when i do changes also.. try about 5 gals a week or every 2