Green & Red Open brain dying

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Fastlife, Dec 18, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GraviT

GraviT Coral Banded Shrimp

I don't usually cover mine as it will close up pretty quickly when food is squirted on it. Another idea is to feed the fish and shrimp, crabs etc. first, then feed the coral 10 minutes or so later.

Either method works well though..

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Danny,
    I kinda nuked my old green open brain in my wifes tank one night. I think it was because I poured straight ro/di water on top of it. It seemed to irritate the heck out of it and it just kinda went down hill from there... I see you add yours to your sump. That's a great idea, it gets mixed well before flowing into the main tank, thats how I do my 90.
    I used to wait until night time and you could see all the little feelers come out. Then I usually fed it some sort of meaty food. Those little feelers grabbed up all the food it could handle...
    How's your alkalinity?
    If it sounds like I'm grasping at straws it's because I am. ;) I have had a couple of corals do what yours is doing right now and it frustates me because it's hard to figure out what's going wrong when nothing has changed...
    Keep in touch.

Jim

4. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Just finished feeding my tank. The coral brains didnt even react to the food in the tank.My alk is at 11.3. I will check tonight to see if they puff up a little again. And if there tenticles come out i will try to feed them. If that doesnt work, ill just let it bee as it is. Thank you everyone, Danny

5. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Fire Worm

Hi Fastlife,

Did you ever bring your brain back to health? Mine is reall looking bad and I'm hoping for a miracle.