Green / Orange Monti's do chemical battle with Torch

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by wildreef, Aug 1, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

Well Guy's I came home last night after work and low and behold both large pieces of monti were laying partialy on the sand and right on top of my large colony Torch coral ( 15+ heads ).

Any way removed them and put them back on the plastic egg crate towards the top of the tank ,
    ( can only assume one of my bulldozer mexican turbo's did it )

ANy ways the poor green purple rimmed took the grunt of the chemical war here i think.
    orange monti looks as good as it did beofre the fall into the torch.
    But torch was all pissed off and the green was all slimey looking , needless to say now after one night my green monti looks like hell warmed over, lol.
    heres where he was sitting, before being knocked over.
    [​IMG]

Now I came home tonight , and water is a "mild" looking milky color, I can only assume some sort of baterial bloom or all those toxins from the torch,both montis are in the water colum,but NO other distress is showing on other corals and the Torch looks better than it ever did.

So pulling off 50 gal for water change, will do that again TM and changing carbon out.

Any other thoughts on this guys ?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

give it time! it all should be ok by morning, I believe you have done all you could do for now

4. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

ouch sry to hear that. could imagine they were all pretty pissed.

damn turbos hate em but love em, they took out my fav. hydnophora frag knocked it into the sand and then my nass snails burried it..lol)

i got a few corals hangin over my torch as well, but i made sure they are straped down solid.

hope nothing goes to bad.

dont you hate coming home to a knocked over coral, its like instant panic mode..then i usually mess something up trying to get it back into its right spot. im frustrated for you lol

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  5. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

Well wasint so much the "monti" hell that stuff grows pretty fast' it was the torch i was mainly concerned about , ya dont see many colony's as large .
    Sadly though purple rimmed green monti looks like hell.
    Ive never had corals "war" for so long ( alot of hours passed ) before i knew of it.