Green long tentacle/bubbletip? Clowns won't host.

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by felixpaws, May 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

One problem with adding another nem is that you're doubling your chances of a wandering nem stinging corals and sessile inverts. Another is that they can also sting each other.

Oh, and there's still no guarantee that your clowns will accept either one as a host. Sometimes it just doesn't happen.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Totally. :)

4. sneaton

sneaton Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

my green LTA hosts my OCC clowns

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

My Occ. clown, and my sebae black clown both went to my GBTA after a few weeks.

I taped an article on the side of the tank so they could read all about it, they must have thought it sounded good, so they tried it.

LOL- just kidding obviously, I have also heard a pic might help like coralline said.

Corailline? Is that how you spell it? If that's your name, cool name.

6. felixpaws

felixpaws Astrea Snail

Well, the other thing is, it is a rather small anemone. I bought my 120 from a neighbor, and he only had a 4 bulb compact light, and 4 stunner strips, and the compacts bulbs were a couple years old! I moved him to my 75, and he has grown, a little, but not a ton. I might try to tape a clownfish/anemone pair to my tank, if you are serious. I might just wait, until the anemone grows some. How big does an anemone have to be, before clowns will host it? This one, fully extended, is about 5" wide. I'd love it, if they'd host, but I could always move this anemone to my 120, and get a rbta. Ideas? Thanks.

7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Your clowns will never host it because they don't host!!!!!!!!!!!!!Anemones host clowns don't!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. felixpaws

felixpaws Astrea Snail

I know, I just use that term. You can also say pairing, and cohabitate, but I like host. The clowns should pair with my nem, then. Like I wrote, I think it's a green long tentacle, because it doesn't have bubbled ends. I could be wrong, though. I've seen bubble tips that look like long tentacles, so, who knows? If they'll pair with either, it doesn't matter. I need to print up a clown in an anemone, and tape it to the tank, then. It sounds like a joke, but I'll try it. I seem to remember hearing this somewhere else, but I could be wrong. My clowns are all over the tank, so, they will see it. I wonder how real the picture needs to look, before it will work. I'll try a regular piece of computer paper, printed with an ink jet, first. Wish me luck.

10. Moxtrain

Moxtrain Peppermint Shrimp

You may continue to say host. If you use it correctly Vinny will stop posting like that =)

11. felixpaws

felixpaws Astrea Snail

So, I asked a couple of local reefers, if they still had rbta's to sell, but haven't heard back, yet. If I do get a rbta, I'll transfer my green nem to my other tank. My green nem moved, tonight. I had hoped he would stay put, but no luck. I'm going to try the picture of an anemone, hosting clownfish(See! I know how to do it. Lol.). I meant to do it, tonight, but kept putting it off. I will google it, tomorrow, and tape it to the tank. That should do it, right? If this nem hosts my clowns, I won't get another nem. This one is already acclimated, and has been in the tank a little over a year. Anyone have trouble getting one to grow? I try to feed it silversides, but sometimes it eats them, and sometimes it won't. I read that bubble tips need to be fed 3 times a week. Is that right? How much each feeding? Is it dependant on size of nem? I crush the silverside up, a little, to make it easier to ingest, sometimes the nem just drops it. Any ideas? What do you feed your green, long tentacles, and gbta's. How often?

12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

In the common tank of today with intense lighting you need not feed BTA but every 2 weeks.

I feed small 1/4 inch pieces of any raw sea food. They may expel pieces so you need to monitor for decaying food. Anemones digest food slowly and can be more prone to internal bacterial infection if feed to frequently or with too big of pieces.

Since you have had an anemone for a while now you know that size is variable on a lot of factors such as available light, flow.

1 person likes this.