"Green" Leather -shouls be yellow!

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by conjuay, Jun 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. conjuay

conjuay Feather Duster

One of my first corals was a beautiful YELLOW toadstool leather that looked WONDERFUL (and yellow!) in the LFS. I expected to get some fading or color change going from the store's MH to my tank presently set-up of power compacts. The leather turned green. I added some retro LED panels I had laying around (10,000 LEDs) still green. More flow, less flow, no change.
    I have other toadstools in there, a tan/brown that is a foot tall and fine, bought from the same store, and a yellow that I got at a frag event that is sitting in the sand and has doubled in size in two months. Also a devil's hand that is getting scary big.
    I am running some carbon, it is a softy tank, after all, and dose iodine,in a fairly frequent regime.
    Everything else appears happy, should I try placing it higher in the tank?
    Anyone have this sort of problem?
    thanks,

2. Click Here!

3. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

it happens.don't spend to much time worrying unless it looks sick

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

My large Sarcophyton (toadstool) always gets a greenish tinge when going into "hibernation"...first is kind of gray then turns greenish.

Means it is going to be much larger next time it expands out. May be dormant for up to couple of weeks....

Mine is just "waking up" now after being closed up for almost 3 weeks...:eek:

[​IMG]

Truly is getting out of hand, but don't have heart to start cutting it up...:-[