green hard algae

Discussion in 'Algae' started by hoodoo, Jan 3, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hoodoo

hoodoo Fire Shrimp

sea: you are right, I got a nano system. But I wasn't talking about that ;)
    My 10 gallon is great, the fish are happy and I gave up on having other things than mushrooms and polyps. But that's all right.

In this post I was talking about my 90 gallon tank.

2. Click Here!

3. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Got the same algae hoodoo in my tank... mine is not new though and all water settings are good. i think i have so much because of my lights... not enought lights that is. i just scrape it off with a razor blade and the marks are from turbo's, they chew it up like crazy. I als have some green coraline growth, you would see the difference between the two if it was coraline. This is just green algae. So let your turbos do there thing and scrape off the rest.

Marc.

4. hoodoo

hoodoo Fire Shrimp

yeah, I'll do that, and get more turbos. They definately seem to be happy in my tank :)

5. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

[quote author=hoodoo link=board=General;num=1104782393;start=15#20 date=01/04/05 at 06:12:16]sea: you are right, I got a nano system. But I wasn't talking about that ;)
    My 10 gallon is great, the fish are happy and I gave up on having other things than mushrooms and polyps. But that's all right.

In this post I was talking about my 90 gallon tank. [/quote]

I know.... Was trying to show i pay attention and dont think you are at all ignorant on tanks ;D

6. OldandNew

OldandNew Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I wish I could get snails here. Indonesia doesn't allow the import of, and we can't even get mexican hermits!!! All of the local blue hermits are sold off to the exporters!!!!!!!!!! They won't even let me pay their price!!! Not that hermits are snails, but they are algae eaters ...

The only thing I can find locally are these little red/orange starfish, and after they become aquainted with their location and habitat, they eat the green algae. They leave behind the coraline, and that is good.

There was a small octapus available in the local Indo market, but I figured if it survived, it would be death to my shrips. Then again, I had some crabs come in with my rock that I have been advised to rid myself of, the octapus might be a good tool.

Has anyone had any experience with a 3 inch or there abouts octapus? OH, it isn't the poisinous blue puppy from the coral reef. Just a generic grey one (or that was the colour de jour).

Cheers
    Ray

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Octopus? Wow. From what I heard, they eat anything (fish) they can catch. They are supposed to shy and good escape artists.. start a new thread if you want and we can see what other people know.

8. Click Here!

9. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

Ray Popp are u in Indonesia. I'm sorry about all the destruction and lives lost due to the Tsunami. It looked horrible and it was a very sad thing, what it caused.