Green Hair algae eaters!!!!!

Discussion in 'Algae' started by ceazer00, Jul 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

weell lets see i ran my tank for a month and a half with nothing and i tested water and its good but now ive got a timer and now it should start slowing down.

2. Click Here!

3. byrodoc

byrodoc Astrea Snail

Not to change the subject but what is GFO and GAC??

4. tronb24

tronb24 Coral Banded Shrimp

Granular Ferric Oxide
    Granular Activated Carbon

5. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

ya also if your ph and alkalinity are to high or low that can give gh a chance to expand also manually taking the gh of witha tooth brush works fantastically then your snails can eat the small stuff with ease. i also had a sea hare and it didnt do much or couldnt keep up with it. also make sure ph and alkalinity are ok because if not your crabs and shrimp will die i lost 3 peppermint shrimp,coral banded shrimp,cleaner shrimp, 2 emerald crabs in a matter of 2 weeks because those two things were out of wack

6. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

test your ph and alkalinity

7. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

I would suggest checking for phoshpates.. like they said it is an underlying issue.
    Most people point quickly at tap water but that doesnt necessarily have to be the issue.
    Depends on tap in your area. My tap is quite clean. I have used tap in all of my tanks with just dechlor.. I also do not do water changes unless its a necessity.
    I have never had GHA except for a tiny bit on my pumps and things that cuc's could not get to. That was in my 37 which I had little to no CUC (learned my lesson though lol b/c I did have cyano eventually from feeding too much and no cuc). My 125 has had no algae issues at all.