Green finger leather Sick ???

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by jonsm1970, Mar 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jonsm1970

jonsm1970 Plankton

Hi Guys

my Green finger leather hasnt fully opened up since i got him back from the LFS 3 days ago. Also i have noticed fiberious material around the base of the stem. I really didnt notice this in the LFS when i purchased it.

I have attached a pic, as you can see the material around the stem is really fiberious (brown straw like) and can easy be rubbed away.

I was hopeing if you could let me know what it could be, I hope its not stem rot or something like that.

If it is , is there any thing i can do to nurse him back to a good state. In general his colours are very striking green.

look forward to your replys.

regards

jon

Attached Files:

• rot.jpg
      rot.jpg
      File size:
      243.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I would say that you don't have anything to worry about if it wasn't for the fact that the brown spot at the base rubs away easily. If you find that the brown area starts to spread, I would cut the coral off about 1/2" from the brown area and relocate it.

4. trinityloop

trinityloop Plankton

Hi,
    Did your leather finger make out alright? Mine is doing the exact same thing the last couple of days.