Green film on glass every night....what am I missing or doing wrong???

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Otty, Jan 11, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Good call. I need to do the same some day, :p .

2. Click Here!

3. nycport

nycport Plankton

I think one person in the thread mentioned it but it seems to have been overlooked. I would have to see that what we've got here is just some simple algae growing on the glass that will happen no matter how good the water is. I have to clean my tanks glass every other day or I get a slight green film too. It's what keeps the guys at Magnavore in business.

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

My test kits should be in tomorrow so I will test everything to see where the waters parameters are. I just thought it was kind of funny that I had to clean the glass every evening.

5. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

Otty,
    Every evening is more than usual. I clean mine once or twice a week. Occasionally 3 times a week. Check your nitrates and use water changes to keep them down. Don't leave your lights on too long, either.

6. hitman35

hitman35 Purple Spiny Lobster

ok now we pretty much conquered what the slimmy green is now I got some hard green as well as the slimy green on my glass can anyone tell me what the hard green is growing

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

My daytime lights are on for 10 hours with Actinic light one for the same plus one hour before and one hour after then the lunar light are on for 12 for a 24 hour cycle.

8. Click Here!

9. hitman35

hitman35 Purple Spiny Lobster

I am still curious as to what the hard green is