Green chromis help

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Landolakes, Jun 24, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Landolakes

Landolakes Plankton

i recently added 3 green chromis to accompany my pair of clown fish in my 30 gallon long reef, they have done nothing but cause havoc! One of my clowns tail is halfway chewed off and they harass the other clown as well. They are too fast to catch with a net and the bottle trap hasn't worked either, any suggestions on how to get them out?

2. Click Here!

3. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Purple Spiny Lobster

Clownfish and chromis all are damsels and in a tank that size, there's no way they would have gotten along as adults at the very least.

You can look up ideas for catching damsels or try changing the bait in the trap but there's a good chance you'll just have to take the tank apart to catch them.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

In the past when I had a REALLY hard fish to catch I drained the water level water down really low, used plastic sandwich meat containers to build a box canyon and used a net.

Good luck. Chromis can be nasty little buggers.

5. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I had some chromis in the past, I just added a lionfish and they were gone in a couple days.

6. Landolakes

Landolakes Plankton

Got them! Had to take out everything and drain 30% of the water, but finally got them out!

Billme likes this.
  7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Oh good. Feels good too. :cool: