green algae!!

Discussion in 'Algae' started by helwidcha, Sep 17, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

50% water change should reduce the nitrates by that percentage. That seems awfully high for a relatively short period of time....?

2. Click Here!

3. helwidcha

helwidcha Flamingo Tongue

yes it does . but the only thing I can think is the fact that I used ..my pee to start the cycle ..sorry I had to see if it worked lol and the ammonia was way off the charts I think that would make my finial nitrates off the charts? just thinking for every amount of ammonia got broke down the same amount of nitrates would occur ?

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I guess that could be it. Obviously you'll pay some price for your unique method of ammonia addition lol was there beer involved with that decision? :)

5. helwidcha

hahaha well old fish there's beer involved in almost all of my great decisions :p

1 person likes this.
  6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Pro tip of the day. :beer:

7. helwidcha

ok just got done with a 35 gal water change whew !! that was about all I could muster and im out of salt lol I will check the nitrates in the morning. so if I need more water changes to get it to I guess 0 ppm? is there a time frame I should wait?