GoToSleep's 700g Build Thread (& complete remodel)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by GoToSleep, Aug 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Yes I have a really intersting tank (see Chinese Curse).

My replacement tank is in its way from Texas now and my Mom is getting her first ever saltwater tank delivered tomorrow. A friend of hers gave her a 55 gal set-up.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

You've finally infected the others! Muahaha! :D

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I can't wait for some more pictures.

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Sounds like you have had some bad luck too. I'll keep an eye out to see how the build goes. Without pics it's not worth a thing though.... :lol:

6. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

GTS, glad to see you're up and running again. I read through your entire thread a month or two ago, and it was like reading through a really good novel, except nothing followed the bad ending. Hopefully you can turn it around!

Do you have any thoughts on anything you might do differently this time? Stocking selection, plumbing, equipment, etc?

When do you plan on filling the beast back up?

7. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

You know, tropical Addict and xjaydub20x had a good build going and had a pretty good quarantine setup/routine going from the sound of it. They didn't detail it too much in the thread but i'm sure they'd be more than happy to give some tips if needed.
    So, are you going to get started right away when the tank arrives or do you have to wait for time to open up.

8. Click Here!

9. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

I'm considering taking the 30 breeder and the 40 breeder out of line from the display system. I had some minor issues with water overflowing due to some design imperfections and just taking those 2 tanks off line will quickly and easily solve the problem.

I'm not sure how quickly I'll get it filled again. I need to have 100's of hours to devote getting it really going again so I think that I'll be taking things slowly because I don't have any other choice... The business that my wife and I started last year is keeping us busy and we have 3 itty bitty pigs that are due to arrive on Friday. Hopefully house breaking the pigs won't take very long but it's another thing on the to-do list.

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Pigs?!?! What kind? They are going to live in the house?! Please share more about this!

1 person likes this.
  11. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

I was getting curious about the business... now i'm really wondering wth you're doing!

12. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Me and my wife were thinking about getting a little teacup pig but decided against it because a friend of mine said his friends grandmother had one and he said it smelled...not bad but it had s distinct odor that was not maskable

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk