GoToSleep's 700g Build Thread (& complete remodel)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by GoToSleep, Aug 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

I had a 40B and a 30B plumbed in-line with the main system but I didn't think the design through as thoroughly as I should have and there were a few flaws that from time to time would cause minor overflow issues. For about 4 months, I've been wanting to take these tanks off line but my pair of large Maroon clowns resided in the 40. I was hesitant to add them to the main tank because I knew that I'd never be able to get them out if they ddin't get along with the other fish.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

that sucks hopr round two goes well :(

4. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Argh that has to be frustrating! :( Sorry to hear

5. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Hope all ends up well.. What a horrible feeling that must of been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

That's neat! I assume someone notified them?

It's awesome you had that water sensor to alert. It's also awesome (in a way) that the tank was still gushing water some five hours later! Man that's a lot of water.

Why do these things always happen when you're out of town?! Are the floors OK or are they warping?

Good luck GTS!

P

7. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

i just read this thread all the way through. i feel like i just finished a novel......well, not finished. I can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks for the thread Gotosleep and good luck on the rebuild.

Do you plan to quarantine going forward? i ask because i went your route with plans to quarantine everything and then not following through. i have been relatively lucky but know that it has been just luck and that luck will run out eventually if i don't change my ways.

8. Click Here!

9. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Oh I should have mentioned... right after my father-in-law called about the disaster, I called the owner of my LFS. It was about 7am on a Sunday morning and he was up on the roof of his barn trying to repair some storm damage. He dropped what he was doing and drove an hour to my house so that he could rescue my fish (he was able to get all but 3) and take them to a temporary home at his shop. He also pulled over 500 pounds of live rock out of the tank before it could start to decay in the house. The rock is now sitting in the driveway so that is essentially going to have to be nuked but I started with base rock and we can rebuild again.

The verdict is still our on the floors. A few boards are definately warped. Some others don't look too bad so far. Right now, I'm hoping that we don't get any mold underneath the boards and we may be able to save it from a total loss.

10. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

Now that is what I call customer service! Can't find that here in NY for sure! If he was on here, Id give him sooo much K+

11. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

Not to burst your bubble but I own a maintenace company and have done flood clean up. one job running water in house for 30 days. In the long run you might be better off pulling up thefloor cleaning it and sub floor waiting for it to dry and reinstalling. The house mentioned above had 6 inch mold spores growing in duct work a year later when we took over the clean up/ But as I am sure you know this can all be killed with the proper chemicals. Good luck, I just set up a 125 and this is my worst nightmare.

12. dellyjoe

dellyjoe Teardrop Maxima Clam

this build was crazy i spend a good hour in class looking at it i do feel bad about the ik that your fish got i hope everything is become able to be controlled again.