GoToSleep's 700g Build Thread (& complete remodel)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by GoToSleep, Aug 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

:eek: ...that's terrible! Sorry about the leak, hopefully things will turn better for your on raound 2. :(

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

That really sucks

4. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

awful update Go To Sleep

did you lose everything as he ATO tried keeping up with the lost saltwater by continually adding fresh?

congrats on the retirement also

some extra free time is always useful in this hobby IME

Steve

5. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

So what caused your new found oak bottom pool?

6. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

Ugh! That so sucks bro! Everyone worst nightmare. That 2am call...

7. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

The symapthy and congratulations are all appreciated.

Ironically my ATO had stopped working about a week before my trip. I think it was just a little corosion on one of the cennections but I was busy in the run up to the trip and hadn't gotten it fixed yet. If the ATO had been working, I still don't think that it would have caused me any (more) serious problems. My ATO reservoir only holds about 15 gallons and that's not enough to make a huge swing in this volume of water, even with half of the salt water on the floor. Now that I think about it, there's another reason that the ATO couln't crash my salinity in this particular disaster... both the ATO level sensor and the fresh water fill are in the sump. As soon as the level of the display tank dropped a few inches, it stopped the return to the sump. It then anoly took a few second for the main pump to pull the center section of the sump dry. At this point there was no longer any circulation in the system (beyond that supplied my the powerheads while they were still immersed). I am very concened that my Barracuda pump burned itself up when it was runnig dry for several hours. My power heads are Tunzes and should have automatically shut down if they got too hot.

8. Click Here!

9. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Catastrophic seam failure front right corner of the tank about 30 inches down from the top.

My LFS owner had already contacted the tank manufacturer before I even got home and they are building me a new tank at no charge.

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

That is good to hear

11. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Sorry to hear about your tank. Makes me second guess my upgrade. Congrats on the retirement. I have been retired since 2006. Its a little overrated but well worth it. Just mean more coral shopping to do.

12. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

So now that you have to kinda start over is there anything you will be doing different?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk