got this guy from a friend!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Annabana27, Jan 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Annabana27

Annabana27 Bristle Worm

well the anemone has been doing great, but this morning i found it on its side... is this normal?

2. Click Here!

3. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

by on its side, do you mean no longer attached to the rock? no that would not be normal and is not a good sign. what lights go you have on this tank?

4. Annabana27

Annabana27 Bristle Worm

I have the stock biocube lights...

5. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Im not sure the stock Biocube lights are enough. If I remember right you have a very young tank that just finished cycling, both these are not good for nems. I hope it makes it.

6. Annabana27

Annabana27 Bristle Worm

ahh the guy that gave it to me said it should be fine as long as I keep doing my water changes and my levels perfect.

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Yea, the stock biocube lights are not enough. To make up for the lack of lighting, feed it silversides.

Also, I think it is a LTA, but the easiest way to solve this "debate" is to look at the foot. What color is it? Also, when the nem closes up on food, is the outer part of the nem lumpy or smooth?

8. Click Here!

9. Annabana27

Annabana27 Bristle Worm

I've been feeding It brine shrimp...The foot is pink.. And the outer is smooth

10. Annabana27

Annabana27 Bristle Worm

would it be able to survive with stock lights if i feed it the silversides?

11. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Very nice nem! Now I'm sure it's been said before but I've got to do it. Don't make a habit of buying inhabitants for your tank on looks alone. You want to make sure you research anything you are going to add very well before they're purchased or otherwise acquired. It could be VERY dangerous for your tank and you could lose all the work you've put in to it in the blink of an eye all in the name of "well that looks nice."

12. Annabana27

Annabana27 Bristle Worm

Yea I agree with you..this was not an impulse buy this was given to me...Now I'm a little worried if I should have taken it. what should I do should I wait to see if it comes around or take it out????