Got kalk ?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by NUGIO, Feb 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Do you have a pic of your drip line? curious as to what your using

2. Click Here!

3. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

I have about 1 gal. of evap per day.

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=NUGIO link=board=Water;num=1077872753;start=45#50 date=03/21/04 at 14:41:10]Do you have a pic of your drip line? curious as to what your using[/quote]

I am using this Kent Marine auto doser.
    [​IMG]

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=Nautilus link=board=Water;num=1077872753;start=45#45 date=03/21/04 at 06:37:46]

;D Cool.... Did they give it to you?
    30 x 8 = 240 pounds right? will your shelfs hold that much weight?[/quote]

Did you get the container for free?

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Naut I am having trouble with my Kent I.V. clogging from the kalk and stuff, I am thinking of sticking a bit of a straw up the thing about half an inch to stay above what settles. ;) You have any problems with that?

7. NUGIO

Naw it cost me 10 bucks and the shelf is rated for 1500 lbs. Is that the only way you add top off water via the auto douser ?
    I got a adjustable IV regulator for free when my wife went in for some elective surgery. Ill see if I can use it some how depending if I dose with top off or  w/  something like what you have.

8. Click Here!

9. NUGIO

10. NUGIO

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=Matt Rogers link=board=Water;num=1077872753;start=45#54 date=03/22/04 at 21:20:41]Naut I am having trouble with my Kent I.V. clogging from the kalk and stuff, I am thinking of sticking a bit of a straw up the thing about half an inch to stay above what settles.  ;) You have any problems with that?[/quote]

I have noticed the residue but no clogs yet. I had to change the location of the roller or pincher thing because drip rate was to fast or to slow. I wish they used a bigger hose also.

You should create one and get a patent.

12. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Nugio that looks cool can you get me one? That thing looks like it would work great.

My auto top off is separate from the kent IV thing.
    Do a search under float switch or top off and I have some drawing of my auto top off system. I add nothing to the top off water it is pure RO/DI.