Got kalk ?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by NUGIO, Feb 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Thats what i got now for water changes so maybe ill head over to the bottling plant and see if I can score some freebees

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Let me know how this turns out.
    Your fish may like the Mt. Dew and get hooked on it where you may have to drip it into the tank ... LOL :D

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Oh by the way I had to taper off the drip to one drip every 4 seconds and my tank is looking better. The alk got really high so tapered off of it for a couple of days.

5. NUGIO

I went to that link you gave me and the solution for my params was #3 which states not to dose kalk but the other i think was calcium cloride. something like turbo calcium.is the delivery method the same?

6. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

It is the powder Kent turbo calcium. He is saying to use this until you are in the target area. Then start using the 2 part cal alk supplement again to stay in the target area.
    The calculator also has the seachem measurements to get into the target area.

7. NUGIO

Whats your opinion on seachem additives?

8. Click Here!

9. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=NUGIO link=board=Water;num=1077872753;start=30#35 date=03/09/04 at 00:18:42]Whats your opinion on seachem additives?[/quote]
    Look under product reviews. I think they are a gimmick.
    But others here swear by them.

10. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

OK here is my update.
    a couple of star polyps are rebounding and looking better then ever.
    Still dripping Kalk at 1 drip per 4 to 5 seconds. Looking at 1 drip per 8 seconds but the kent gravity system is hard to calibrate for that.
    calcium at 500 and alk at 12.6 and pH at 8.2 / 8.3.
    I have not had to add anything in 5 days now.
    SG 1.025

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Todays tid bit....

Both baking soda and washing soda will raise alkalinity and not calcium (same for Seachem Reef Carboante). The difference is pH, with baking soda lowering it a bit, and washing soda (or baked baking soda) raising it substantially.

12. NUGIO

Great tip Naut !