Got kalk ?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by NUGIO, Feb 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mojoreef

mojoreef Bristle Worm

What levels are you really looking to get to?? They look perfect to me where they are sitting now.

Mike

2. Click Here!

3. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

As of 11 am CA 450 ppm Alk 9.3 this as high as i would like the CA.
    Which is the easiest way to maintain now? Drip kalk or continue w/2 parter

4. Boomer

Boomer Feather Duster

Either is Ok, which ever works the best for you, as both are balanced additives. Obviously the 2-part is the easiest to do, as long as things stay in line. 2-parts will also be more costly. What is nice about the kalk is that it removes CO2, so there is usually less of a day/night pH fluctuation. The other issue is the demand, which ever you choose the kinetics/demand may dictate that you need to add both, to keep the Ca and Alk where you want it. Many nave had to do this.

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Now I thank you again boomer.
    You should come around more often.

6. Boomer

Boomer Feather Duster

7. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I did somewhere.
    I dislike all the nco 2 ndk3n4 stuff (chemical compouds) it means nothing to me and I think it confused more then help us average reefers.
    I start reading Randy's articles and when he is explaining something with the chemical charts and letter combos my brain just shuts off and I can't keep reading I don't know if any other here feel this way but it effects me this way.

8. Click Here!

9. NUGIO

Thanks Boomer ill try kalk see how it goes,Im hoping it works for me as the 2 parts are costly compared to kalk

10. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Nugio CalxMax is better and you only use it every other day. unlike b-ionic everyday and not quit as good materials.

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Nugio how is it coming along my friend?

12. NUGIO

As of today: Levels are right where i want them CA is 425ppm ALK is 8.9.Gonig to try to maintain w/ kalk now.