got a new pet(TANK DEVASTATION!)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by chelseagrin, Jul 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Hope it pops up soon. Color change is probably due to the background colors of its new habitat.

2. Click Here!

3. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

yeah today i found him under one of the rocks, no idea how he squeezed under there. i will probably get a filtration system tomorrow afternoon.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I think salamanders squeezing under rocks is normal.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

COol pics. Sounds like you already have adventures going on there. :)
    A simple canister I am have used over the years is the Eheim 2213. It is bulletproof and dead silent. If interested it looks like 3reef sponsor Marine Depot has it for only $59.99. (Just dug up the model number, trying not to plug here so I am not putting the link. ;) )

6. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

well there was a little mishap today, my girlfriends much younger brother who is about 15 was screwing around in the upstairs hallway which happens to be where the tank is located. somehow the tank got broken, he said he threw a football at it on accident but i seriously doubt a football could break a tank haha. well anyway now the salamander is in a MUCH smaller tank. 5 gallons. since hes so small it probably wouldnt be a problem if he was in there for a while but im trying my hardest to get a larger tank. ill psot pics of the new setup as soon as i can. only temporary.

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Sorry to hear of the accident.