Goodbye cigarettes!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by missionsix, Oct 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Sure, Your'e gonna have to put this together with some rules. Technically luna and I are at a dis-advantage because we've already quit. Also consider the honor system being a pretty tough one. Contest or not, if I even have a small puff(I won't, cause I'm stubborn) I'll be letting everyone know.

2. Click Here!

3. reef goddess

reef goddess 3reef Sponsor

smokey the bear

Well, lets get some consensus on this before we start. How long have you guys been off cigarettes? If anyone else wants to join in shall we give this an official start date?

As far as the honor system goes I agree, anyone that strays will get smacked with a wet noodle. ;p

It totally worth me donating a coral to save some lungs. ;]

4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I haven't had a cig. in 32 hours.

1 person likes this.
  5. studlylilmouse

studlylilmouse Astrea Snail

keep going guys............im at 60 days in 30 min........if i can do it anyone can do it lol

6. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

I have put them down. NO more for me. Thanks guys for posting about this to help make up my mind. So it begins.

1 person likes this.
  7. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

So that would be about 40 hours now, yes? :)

8. Click Here!

9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yes it is......He's almost at two days. Remember the two day mark Sparky? My skin was crawling. I am with you on your rant. It amazes me that such a thing is even made available on the market for human consumption. One of my best friends died of lung cancer at 63. He had smoked since the late 1700's I think. Forever. In the end, his lungs filled up with fluid and he literally drowned in his own secretions. No thanks. RIP Kenny.

10. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Go for it Scenario........Your daughter is worth it and so are you. This is a good thread. Literally a life saver.

11. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Yes I do. That's a good way to put it. I wanted to kill everyone with whom I came into contact. It was tough. I'm so happy I stuck with it, though. Smoking was a real disadvantage. I never had my own time.

What I remember most was smoking more to prepare for those times when I knew I couldn't smoke. If I was at a job where I could only have a break every 2 or 3 hours, for example; I'd spend my entire break sucking down like 4 smokes. It only satisfied me for 15 minutes anyway. So silly.

Never had my own time. My life was dictated by nicotine. Hell on earth it was. :-/

12. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Good job man! The nicotine will be completely out of your system in 72. After that it will be all mental, and a little bit easier. Stick with the candy. Gobstopper's and other long-lasting ones really helped me.
    Hang in there!