Goodbye cigarettes!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by missionsix, Oct 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I just had to get a couple of pieces of candy;).

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

Just realized it's been 24 hours......:clapping:
    And tomorrow I can start counting days.:clapping:

4. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

I am willing to quit with you Gras but all the incentive is right here at home. My 10 and 1/2 month old baby girl. Hannah.

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

well there ya go :)

6. scenario1313

7. missionsix

You better wait til' after this weekend to commit to that gras!;D

8. Click Here!

9. scenario1313

So when you want to start Gras. And keep it up Mission and Luna. Don't give up.

10. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

ummmm yep Mission is right....I'm headed back to Nashville and they all smoke...I think that would be too hard for me. I'll let you know when I get back though....you can start though...don't have to wait on me.

My past attempts at quitting have included, being pregnant (stopped for a year), patch, pills(zyban), hypnosis, laser 2x's(3 months quit), cold turkey, gum, acupuncture, hospital for 5 weeks(The Dr. encouraged me to go down stairs to smoke to get me up moving...the dilaudid was just too good LOL) I've been smoking since I was 8, yes 8...rough NJ neighborhood and my stupidity.......and I'm 45...you do the math.:( My worst problem is, that being I've smoked that long, it's more a physical thing than a mental thing. It's the first thing I grab when I'm walking out the door, before my wallet, before my keys or sunglasses. The first thing I grab after I make my coffee and when I'm done eating. I start my car and a cig goes in my mouth. It's actually really sad.....pityful.... I'll give it another shot though, cause I really do need to quit. I know it's in the back of my head and I said it a very long time ago...My grandmother weighs about 700#, always has, as long as I can remember. When I was a teenager I used to always say that I'd rather die of lung cancer and be skinny than have to have 15 grown men have tote my coffin when I die. Now I'm thinking twice, my grandma is 84 and still big ole woman, but she's still kickin; hmmmmmm

I got issues LOL

11. missionsix

Boy did I get hit with those "usual" smoking times/situations today. I've got close friends over tonight(they all go outside to smoke). I'm even drinking beer right now(always have smokes with beer). I'm doing fine though.

12. reef goddess

reef goddess 3reef Sponsor

Should I post a picture of the coral you'll win to give you all better incentive? lol Softies ok?