Goodbye cigarettes!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by missionsix, Oct 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. studlylilmouse

studlylilmouse Astrea Snail

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Hehehehe;D;D;D

4. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Im not doing the patch, I dont like chemicals. I dont smoke as much, I usually do 2 cig's a day, sometimes 4-5 cigs a day, it all depends. I know I dont smoke as much, but like I said before, I think its time to quit. Luna

6. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

good for you! wish I was there, I still got the monkey.

7. jcdillin

jcdillin Spaghetti Worm

Great to hear! I quit 3 years ago cold turkey and have never looked back.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Good luck Casey!:grinthumbs:

I used to smoke in school. It took me several times to finally do it for good. I even remember running over a pack with my car.

2 months down the road you won't believe the difference in your health. I hope you pull through man!

10. Terror A. Part

Terror A. Part Astrea Snail

I quit cold turkey 1 year ago on Oct. 1st. Used to smoke about 1 pack a day for like 12 years. You just have to really have the desire to quit. I don't miss it a bit, and I have a little more money for my aquarium habit.

You'll do it if you want to. The want has to be greater than the habit though. Good luck!!!

11. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Those who know me know my attitude towards smoking. I smoked over a pack a day for more than 20 years. I ranted about it a few times on a few smoking-related threads on this forum.

The day I met my wife (the day after I bought a carton of cigarettes) I "quit." She flew down from Chicago, and I threw out the carton in a parking lot. The very next day I was combing that parking lot for those cigarettes! I never found them, and spent another 20 or 30 bucks or so on another. It took a few times, but I'm more than 6 years now without a smoke. My buddy who suffers too from nicotine addiction and just can't seem to quit, tells me after his laser treatment, hypnosis, 12 step meetings, reading countless books, and so many other failed attempts, that I'm among the 5% who can say without hesitation that they'll never smoke again.

To sum it up, I got VERY VERY angry at the whole scenario. Not only were others getting rich on my habit, but I was dooming myself to an early grave, and what pissed me off perhaps the most, was the knowledge that THE ONLY REASON I LIT UP WAS TO SATISFY AN URGE I NEVER WOULD HAVE HAD IF I HAD SIMPLY NEVER LIT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Kinda silly if you think about it. It's like heroin, I suppose. If you never try it, you certainly won't die seeking that same high you had the first time.

Good luck, Casey.

Quit, man. Screw the urges. You'll get over it. Man up. Walk it off. You can still shoot guns, skateboard, and drink like a fish. You don't need to suck smoke into your lungs too.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  12. reef goddess

reef goddess 3reef Sponsor

Good luck to you both!

If you want to get an independent party in on this competition and get more people interested, I'll donate a nice coral to the winner. ;] Let's get it on and see how many more people want to give this a shot. If this becomes official, should we set a time period? Maybe the participants should do a short daily/weekly entry of how its going for them.

***Note you have to be a real cigarette smoker, no fakers. hehehe