Goodbye cigarettes!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by missionsix, Oct 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I smoked for a couple of years, then my mother came down with lung cancer and then brain cancer quickly followed, then death at 42 so I'm an avid anti-smoker supporter, best of luck with quitting, it's really just a test of will power just find something to substitute smoking for a week and then your all good

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

The favorite coral competition sounds good guys. Luna has a helluva idea with that one. Put a cap of $100 (not including shipping) on it. Boy that was easy for me to say, I love spending other peoples money. Make it long term. No tobacco products at all for a year (patches or the like exempt). Honor system. If both of you make it, there is no payout. With your agreements it starts tonight.

4. Lucky13dt

Lucky13dt Spaghetti Worm

Best thing I ever did was quit smoking..Congrads on the choice!!

1 person likes this.
  5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

maybe Scenario and I should do our own, or we can all join this one.......I'd love to have more $$ for my tank. I know I'll eventually meet Luna, as I should be in WPB in Nov(hopefully) and I know where you live Scenario(not that I wouldn't get lost getting there and have to call you) lol Oregon is one state I haven't been to yet. But ya never know. We always say, coming to a town near you soon!:hehe: I just hate my head feeling like crap from smoking and I know my bp would lower to where I could get off the meds.. I don't smoke in my house or especially in my bed!:eek:

p..s. my longest was 3 mos without one cig back in 03

6. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Best wishes dude.
    I'm just happy I'm not like most. I started smoking at 15 or 16, but I've never found it hard to not smoke a cigarette. I guess I just don't have an addictive personality. I could pick up a pack anytime, smoke a pack in a weekend, then not smoke another cigarette for 6 months without thinking about it. It's been said, one or two a day won't kill you, but but it won't kill you to do without 'em either.

1 person likes this.
  7. yeager003

yeager003 Bristle Worm

I just quit chewing today and it is driving me nuts. My fiance asked me to quit for her birthday and if i dont take a dip till my birthday she is going to buy me a clam and some new corals. If i make it a year she said she will personally buy me a 120 gallon setup best incentive i have ever had.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm in if you are in luna;D. Why wouldn't we if John is paying for the coral;)

10. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Good luck dude. Ive tried numerous times. Picked it back up not too long ago when I went over. I quit smoking about 7 years ago, and that was cakewalk compared to dip, which they say is 10X harder than cigs, and I believe every word of that. Hang in there, its going to be tough, but you'll make it.

11. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

One thing I just remembered from the last time I tried this with the patch. REAAAAAALLLLLYYYYYY whacked out dreams. Get ready for some of those luna. How much/how often did you smoke?

12. studlylilmouse

studlylilmouse Astrea Snail

Mission Good luck i just quit 58 days 22 hrs and 48 min ago, but whos counting, i did the patch for 2 weeks and stopped that im doing great, i know you can do it man