Goldfish popeye, tail rot, and ??

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by AustinATX, Sep 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AustinATX

AustinATX Plankton

Hey guys i need some help.

Straight to the point:
    I have a goldfish that has this white ....damage on his side and i cant identify it. I need to know what is it and how to treat it.

background of issue:
    One of my goldfish somehow got stuck between the back of the aquarium and this breeder net i was using. He was stuck for some time unnoticed and when i found out he was back there i just moved it a little and he swam out fine. He swimming strong still and eating good.
    One the side of his body where the netting material was there is damage. 1/3 or so of one of his tails is gone due to fin rot, his eye was very glossy (its alot better now) and he has a fairly large white spot of just damage to his side. Im not sure if it is still technically fin rot or what?
    I have put him in a hospital tank and been treating him with Mardel Maracyn Two which is for fin rot and pop eye for about 50 hours now.
    I have also added some stress coat+ and a tad aquarium salt.
    I have not noticed the white thing getting any better yet.
    Is there anything else i can do?
    Is it fin rot or is the white thing some parasite that needs to be treated separately?

thanks so much

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

I would say just watch him and wait it out, if he continues to get worse you could help by putting garlis into some enriched food to help him eat but that about all you can do. also keep the tank as clean as possible without stressing him out.

hope this helps

4. AustinATX

AustinATX Plankton

yea thank you.
    did the pictures i post show up? i seem to always have trouble with that ha.
    anyways thank you. i appreciate any and all input ;D