going to feed my chili here in a few :)

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by oldfishkeeper, Jun 27, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I'm sure you can figure out a way :)

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

Husky-I got my order today and the bottle came with it. I didn't specifically order it. I just ordered the smaller size and it came too. Just thought I'd let you know.

4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Your reef and fish are gonna love it. The way I use it is I make sure skimmer and filters are off but my flow pumps stay on. I mix about 4 scoops with tank water and squirt a little in the tank to get everyone in a feeding frenzy. After about 20 minutes I spot feed my coral then put the rest in. I leave the skimmer and filter off for an hour or so. I do this twice a week with one time at night after the lights have been off for hours. I have no nitrates or phosphates in my 36 gallon with no sump so dont be scared to use a little extra. HTH

5. oldfishkeeper

Thanks for the tip Dennis! I fed today and I guess I had it envisioned that everything would go nuts (think I had it overrated in my head lol). I did not do that sequence though. I do notice my corals seems very happy this evening. :)

6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

My fish dont really get excited but my corals know when its feeding time. Try it just like I do and see if there's a difference. Can't wait to see your corals in 2 months

7. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Not to get totally off-topic from the reef-chili, but to continue Todd's point.

For frozen food, oh yeah, tank goes NUTS for this stuff! Limpit is also an extremely nice guy, has a great video channel on youtube. I'll give him a shameless plug LimpitsReef youtube channel
    I've bought the buffet at swaps and when he sells them there, he always donates part of the proceeds to the wounded warrior project.

8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

That's good information to know about the donation part. I did look up Todd's recommendation (he knows his stuff :)), it just costs so much for shipping frozen food. You all are lucky that Limpet is up in your part of the states :)

10. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Just plan a vacation to wisconsin!! Fragstock is coming up in September... ;D

11. oldfishkeeper

ahhh.....now that's a thought! Have never been actually. I hear there's some pretty cool reefers there ;)

12. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark