Going after low pH

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Billme, Jul 26, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

So I’m back after years of dealing with low ph. The tank was down for a couple years after a move and after it running for a couple months the ph was reading 7.6 this morning. Of course in the afternoon it was up to 7.8. Left the window open next to the tank and after a half hour it was almost 8.0. This is all after three days of evening parties being around Christmas. And last night had 11 people sleeping over. I got a ph probe for Christmas and calibrated it so looks like that’s dependable. Growing Chaetomorpha in the fuge and put a brighter light on it. Alk is around 8.5ish so I can raise that a bit. Also considering drilling a hole for outside air to skimmer.

2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

So ph dipped to a low over the holidays to about 7.6. I ran an air line to outside for the skimmer. Since then the ph is stabilizing around 7.97. I assume that’s good as long as it’s stable. Still raising alkalinity. I assume you’re that’ll help keep it stable.