Go get a dog from the humane society, and please welcome my new boy Brutus;)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by cosmo, Nov 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

that's a sad case but I'd be willing to bet that happens as often with pure bred dogs as it does with rescues! Taking on a rescue dogs requires more care initially but if you know what you're doing the risk is actually less than that of the problems purebred dog have!

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Love my new boxer lap dog! Lol! He thinks he's 5 pounds! Just attention deprived;)
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Romie

Romie Feather Duster

you are a saint!

great lookin dog he looks adorable it's funny because just a week or two ago i was talking to my wife about getting another dog and we were discussing finding and adopting a boxer from one of our local shelters and i said we can name him brutus

good luck!

1 person likes this.
  5. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

You my friend are a good guy!

P.S. Make sure to always keep your Apps updated by going into the App store ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

aw, i just saw this post. What a CUTE DOG!!!!!

i wouldnt be surprised if he isnt blind, at least in 1 eye as white boxers are known to be blind and deaf. Actually a lot of those nasty puppy mills will actually destroy the white boxers.........which is a shame! The color of the coat has nothing to do with the dog!

I have rescued many dogs, and even though none of the dogs i have now are rescue dogs (the 2 yorkies was kind of rescued from a cruel situation..........stupidity on the breeder part) i have rescued all my cats and have rescued 3 dogs in my life. Those dogs are by far the best dogs i have ever owned, and much healthier than the true pedigree purebreds that have had. Curt and I have tossed around fostering a dog recently, just seems like too much going on right now, plus i am past my quota for dogs in the condo already. But the next dog we get is going to be a pit rescue!

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

DO IT< BUYING DOGS IS DUMB! lol honestly cool as heck, save a doggie;)

lol, thx bro, I did need to update;)

WOW Hon, you called that! notice the blue eye reflect, yeah pretty sure he's 90% blind at least in that eye, and def hard of hearing in that same side ear, but he can hear and see ok, def has depth perception problems....cough cough, maybe ya'll could help eachother;) But the dude is SUCH a great dog! , he's mine now, and such a GREAT dog. Love rescues;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Update: Ok, we have learned that Brutus was owned by evidently a fat white guy with dark hair, because a political guy came over a day ago and Brutus hid for 2 days afraid to come out, and he runs any time a fat black haired white guy is on TV, so we'll have to work on that. But cheech HATED and was SCARED to death of any guy when I got him, and he's fine now. I've helped many dogs regain trust, this seems like a 1-2 week issue. But the boy becomes a once was boy tomorrow, and the sdoption of him will be final;)

On a side note, DAMN IT, this just came into the rescue and is a cool dog, lol

[​IMG]

But I did just go through 25#s of dog food in 4 days:(

10. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

yeah you are going to go through the doggie food! My friend has 3 dogs, 1 newfoundland/rot mix about 125 lbs, 1 shepard/rot mix 100 lbs and 1 great dane. She was telling me that the dane takes special food, 40lb in 2 weeks costs her 80.00/2 weeks, and the other 2 dogs go through about 60lbs in 2 weeks and costs her 60.oo that period. She spends more money on dog food in 2 weeks than i do on people food for 2, that lasts a month!!!!! (my next dog is going to be a great dane and a pit so I will be there!)
    right now, we by a 30lb bag of food and it lasts us for months. The 2 rescue cats on the other hand..........they can eat us out of house and home. The one is on his way out, has kidney and liver failure and the vet said just let him eat however much he wants. Maw is one big, fat cat!!!

dont you just wander what happened to our pets before we got them? What all they had to go through? I helped my mom/dad rescue a shz-zu from the rescue we work at last year. This dog had a broken jaw right at her chin area where someone just kicked in her face. She had a bunch of teeth pulled as a result and as soon as we got her, had to have 8 more teeth pulled. She allows my mom/dad to get in her face but is just now trusting me enough to get in her mouth! She is a great dog!

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

yeah it sucks! This black boxer has been beaten to the point of so afraid it cringes if a guy gets near! I wish they would tell us some addresses of where these dogs come from, I'd personally go say hello;)

I love Great Danes and mastiffs, I tried to get one for the last year, but most places won't give you one if you have a young kid or small dog and I have both! I will have a Dane at some point though. There was one that came in a few months ago, 60 pounds and full grown, couldn't even stand up! People are horrible! Enjoy your new doggie when you get it;)

12. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

i will say my black lab me and my wife rescued as just turned into the most spoiled dog ever, she thinks she is a lap dog but boy is she wrong. it was a shame you could tell she was not taken of, had a rare type of hook worm, skinny, was afraid of everyone and everything, now she is only afraid of the armadillos that are on the other side of the fence lol. but me and my wife were so happy when we got her and got her to open up now you have a better chanced of being licked to death before she ever bites you.