Go get a dog from the humane society, and please welcome my new boy Brutus;)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by cosmo, Nov 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

well said, I see those all the time and scratch my head! You know how long these critters live, take care of them, they are a committment, and should be treated as such. personally, I would never leave a situation where these boys could not go with me, love my critters, big and small.

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

go get that dog, that is HORRIBLE, those dogs need ran and wore out everyday! They are trackers and need to run! Save that guy, he'd be easy to find a home for!!!!!

4. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

I agree! You need to save that poor guy!

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I just saw this thread today. Kudos to you Cosmo for your rescue and welcome Brutus. He has an awesome face and eyes!!

We have a little terrier mix that we got from the humane society and have had him about 3 years at this point. I agree so wholeheartedly with what Coralline said before....it's like they know that you have rescued them and he has such a wonderful disposition. Prior to this dog, I've always gotten our dogs (golden retriever, llapso apso (sp) and currently our golden doodle) from breeders as puppies. After our newest edition, I'll always get any future dogs from the humane society. There are so many advantages to it beyond the obvious. He has truly been our little find of a "diamond in the rough."

6. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Our 14 year mutt we got from a homeless woman in 1998 ( I wasn't even born yet!) she is still around. We just got a 1 year old Samoyed from our downstairs neighbors because he was alone too much, the person who lived upstairs where we currently live bred them. I bet he misses his sister :( ...

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

YOU WERENT BORN IN 1998???? I hate you! lol
    Kudos tho for taking on a dog!

Update, Brutus is AWESOME, but I think he's blind in his blue eye. But he's fitting in amazing, officially past foster to adopted;)

8. Click Here!

9. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

All my families pets are rescues :) My sis (DVM) assists with numerous rescues, and works at our local SPCA, so a few find homes with all local family ;)

10. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

I feel bad out Samoyed is a pure bred dog, but he's so fluffy!

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Awesome, thank you

lol, I don't have a huge problem with with people buying high end breeds, but I hate the trash that puppymills alot of these breeds! I'm just anti breeding dogs as a whole, but I understand wantimg some breeds! I love Mastiffs and am on 3 waiting lists for one. but I'll always advocate a Mutt. it feels weird that non of mine now are currently mutts, but all are rescues;) 2 of which were kinda less than legal how i got them

12. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

We rescued a dog a few years back. she was good for a while but slowly went down hill. At the end, maybe 5 months after we had her, she tried to attack my 5 year old little girl. I'm not sure what made this dog go off the deep end, but I will not be rescuing another dog, my kids lives are more important.

I do commend you on your morals and beliefs with saving these animals, but I believe that this is not something that everyone should just go out and do. In our case, we simply prolonged this poor dogs demise.