Go get a dog from the humane society, and please welcome my new boy Brutus;)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by cosmo, Nov 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

To an extent. it gets all caught up so i routinely clean it every time. I sweep the majority of it but the between, it does an okay job. I forget to run it sometimes too mind you.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

This thread is about adopting dogs.

Not everyone has 1500 bucks to spend on a dog nor do they have to, to get a quality companion.

No one mentioned PETA.

We are celebrating those that have the compassion to go the extra mile to bring a homeless pet into their lives.

This is not about money or politics it's about dogs and cats that need homes.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. budsbunny

budsbunny Bristle Worm

one thing that happens when people blacklist buying from breeders, that is those poor dogs that don't get sold suffer lonely lives in pens with no one to love them. i bought my latest dog off a breeder that had 15 dogs all in one pen and they were getting to be 7 months old and were getting rough with each other. i didn't need another dog but this dog needed me and yes i paid too much for him but he is an awesome dog and now has a wonderful spoiled life and he deserved that as much as any of the shelter dogs i've owned in the past. Magic is my wonderful buddy, that loves everyone
    [​IMG]

5. budsbunny

budsbunny Bristle Worm

oh and just to add Brutus is adorable and thank you for saving him he looks like he'll return the favor many times over.....boxers are such happy dogs i just love their goofy characters the word that comes to my mind everytime i see a boxer is Boing !!! :)

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I understand your thoughts on this, but my thoughts are, that if you blacklist these breeders, they will no longer breed dogs and thus, less dogs will get killed. I live very near greyhound racing tracks, and 1 out of 10 dogs make it to 1 year old, the rest get killed before that, and then most the rest get killed before their 3rd bday. But thank you for providing a great home to a poooch;)

lol he is a cool dog for sure;)

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

matt wheres the rest of your posts?????????? deleted??? prob a good call

EDIT, $1000 matt says I can train a shelter dog to be every bit as capable as anything your pure bred dog can do! Well I'll have someone else train it depending on the challenge, but I bet ya anything a free dog can perform equal to your $2000 dog;)

But anyways, treat her right, regardless of where she came from

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  8. Click Here!

9. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Lol, just a cat person here. I got my favorite cat at the shelter. He was absolutely gorgeous with a perfect personality. His mother and brother were there too at one point but were adopted. Im glad people are dumb and left that jewel for me. He is a great companion.

10. budsbunny

budsbunny Bristle Worm

i used to rescue standardbred horses from the track ....so i know the track mentality. owners would sooner put a horse down than let their bloodlines get out in the world....we had to work hard to convince owners to sell us their horses and then we would spend months training them to become saddle horses and then placing them in the right home and usually losing money doing so. but it was worth every moment and every dollar. and there is nothing more rewarding than taking a scared even sometimes violent horse and seeing it go to it's forever home as a calm and safe animal with a future.When i lived in Canada i had a 40 acre farm and rescued everything, there is nothing better than animals........

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

AWESOME man, love hearing this stuff, KARMA to you as much as I can! thanks for busting your butt to be good human;)

12. budsbunny

budsbunny Bristle Worm

people that do for animals for the right reasons do it because it's in their heart and it's the right thing to do and not for the thankyous or the hero cookies but because everyone should and they don't.......i was looking on craigslist last night someone giving away a 9 year old cat cuz they are moving and don't want to take with them ........ i just shook my head and felt so bad for that cat........for me...decisions i make in life include all my family members ....i don't see how someone can do that ......stuff like that really upsets me