Go get a dog from the humane society, and please welcome my new boy Brutus;)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by cosmo, Nov 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

My ex and i raised a blue pit, and hes one of the nicest dogs i know. I love pits, when raised right they are like having a 2 yr old in the form of a beastly looking dog. lol I have an akita/shepherd mix. i love my dog. Hes so smart, it scares me. but hes awesome.lol Your very knowledgeable about dogs, i was unaware. Thats so cool!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

....I don't see whats wrong with buying a dog. I also feel Peta is a very violent organization and they euthanize most of their animals

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

awesome thanks, they warned me he was wormed again today, and they have crap food, being a shelter and all. I'm hoping that it will resolve itself with better food and the wormer running through.

And to those PM-ing me, yes that is a baby deer, his mom was killed by poison and I fed him for a few weeks till he got strong. he's now living on a goat farm with a broken leg from fighting goats, but he is fine and going strong. We have a hunters orange vest on him and he's staying close to the farm so far. they have 3 others thye take care of too. That was a PITA though, that thing kept me up all night feeding it and pooping on me;)

And yes, I hunt, i know its weird to care for something like that and then go shoot one, but that is life. And deer is yummy, for me and my dogs.

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

WOW Akita/shepherd, damn smart dog,bet he was cool looking, but damn thats alot of hair, you probably could've made 1000 blankets from the hair of one fall shedding! lol

Who cares about PETA, they are a joke that IMO hurts animal rights more than they help, but really, you'd rather buy a dog when 1000s are being euthanized everyday? You'd rather buy a dog than drive a few hours to get the same dog for much less and save it from being killed? If you have any kind of patience, you can get that same exact dog for free and save a life rather than dropping $1000. Sorry but I usually respect all sides of an opinion, but this isn't one where I do. There is zero reason to purchase a pure bred dog from a breeder. Ususally they come with TONS more health problems( allergies, hip dysplasia, etc) that others do not. Even if you want a pure bred dog, it only takes a little more time, a little longer drive, and a much smaller fee to get the same exact dog!

Sorry, BUT BUYING DOGS IS DUMB! PERIOD, zero argument agianst that unless you are a breeder looking for profit. Save a life!

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

look at my dogs, all pretty much pure bred with a small mix, all free;)

7. SnooknRedz

Omg he sheds so damn much! i find his hair in my tank all the friggin time! i get so mad, but hes to loveable to stay mad at. lol God he loves his boat rides, car rides, go cart rides, lol. Such a unique personality. Here's Sarge. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Bada55 looking dog, but what else is he, thats a short haired dog for that mix, congrats though, one of my wolves was a wolf/akita mix and I swear I could fill a house with his hair in a week or so. He looks awesome though. congrats on the rescue, ya gotta take the good with the bad! lol.

1 person likes this.
  10. SnooknRedz

just Akita/shepherd to the best of my knowledge. he is pretty long haired, it may just be the picture. i wanna say about inch and a half. its everywhere. Theres tumbleweeds of his fur on the hardwoods. We have an irobot that runs daily to try and put a dent in it. lol

11. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

I spent $1500 for a chocolate Lab and flew to Nebraska, so as you can imagine I feel the opposite. Now I do see your point, but I think it's erroneous. Chances of getting a dog with the pedigree of mine are very slim, Even if the dog is as smart as mine, it won't have the papers or pedigree to utilize it's full potential. I think there are tons of people who keep animals that should not, because they don't have the time and patience to treat them as they should. Although there is no way to control who get animals and not. So, the people that mistreat them will have to face that issue when they die. I also believe in utilizing what a dog is bred to do. I think they are much more happy when they participate in what they naturally love to do. My dog was bred to Retrieve, so she's in retriever training, and she loves it. That does not mean I don't give her the attention she deserves, when she is home I am with her 24/7 and I train/visit with her on weekends. As far as problems with dogs you buy, I have had non.
    I am planning on competing her for HRC and breeding her.
    When you say breeders are only looking for money, you couldn't be more wrong. I have talked to hundreds of breeders around the country when I was searching for my dog and they genuinely care for every dog they sell. I have no problems with adopting, but I do not think it's for everyone. Initial price is the cheapest part of owning a dog, the vet visits and science diet cost much more in the long run.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

lol, I def see the mix for sure, just expected longer hair, but thankfully for you he doesn't have it. Awesome looking FREE dog BTW the lol. And yeah my black lab with super short hair blows up my vacuum everyday. does the irobot actually keep up with it? I looked at them but kinda thought it wouldn't work that well.