GO Garlic!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by rogerstammy, May 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rogerstammy

rogerstammy Peppermint Shrimp

OK I was a little skeptical on this garlic stuff. I mean come one almost 15 a bottle? So my LFS actually had it on sale for just under 10. I have been using it a little over a week. I'll be damned if it isn't helping my now half blind fish. Perhaps I overlooked something with the poor guy and his condition was a poor nutrition issue?

This CB is no longer swimming the entire tank like a nut. He is eating more and I believe he can now see out of one of his eyes and a little bit out of the other.

I promise not to doubt the salty dogs on this site. Newbies... I'm telling you, if one of the salty dogs on here recommend this garlic, you need to high tail it to the LFS and get some...

Oh and when you walk into our house, it smells like garlic bread. LOL Memories of Gilroy California...

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

One mistake: Do not bother buying the aquarium targeted bottled stuff. WAY too expensive! The juice from a $2 jar of minced garlic from the store works just as good ;)

4. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Packleader is right, naturally

but the store bought stuff, you have, I use it also, its convenient, lasts ages and when its gone, then Ill switch to creating my own

great news on the Beauty, I know that will have pleased you a lot

Steve

5. rogerstammy

Are you talking about the stuff I get in the produce isle next to all the stuff I make salsa with?

6. catz

catz Fire Shrimp

you can actually get garlic juice from Kroger. works the same

7. rogerstammy

Thanks, I am very happy. My animals/fish mean so much to me. My family says I am one of those people that has sucker across her forehead that all the animals know about. I think I am listed in their yellow pages as stupid woman who will feed you and find you a home if not hers. LOL

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Pretty much. At my local market, it's in a jar, and near like the jars of pickles and olives and such. But yes, regular old minced garlic from the store ;)

10. rogerstammy

Well damn, I could have put the extra money towards something for my tank!!! Oh well newbie mistake I guess. Could be worse..

11. Johnnie Mac

Johnnie Mac Bristle Worm

I have to remember that. I can cook and feed for the fish and family.... lol.. .butthat is an interesting topic... Can you use the garlic for preventive measures or anyother use?

12. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I have always used garlic for feeding. Works pretty well