gluing polyps

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Coasterofluv, Jan 13, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Is it ok to glue ricordea?

2. Click Here!

3. cj22009

cj22009 Astrea Snail

Yes it is ok to glue ricordea I have done it multiple times. But I perfer to take a piece of rock or flat frag plug put it in a small clear plastic container or a small cup in a low flow area of the tank and put the ric and it will usually attach in a few days

4. _alex_

_alex_ Feather Duster

No do not glue mushrooms they will just sloth it off. Best way I have found is some rock rubble in a small dish in a low flow area and put the shroom or Leather in the dish on top of the rock. With in a week or 2 it should be attached

5. cj22009

cj22009 Astrea Snail

I have never had an issue gluing rics regular mushrooms yes but rics seem to hold better. But I do perfer to put them in a dish or container :)

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

gluing flesh just seems mean to me, IMO, I prefer the dish, let them do the natural thing.

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

yes, the more I think about what I'm actually gluing, natural is better. All of mine have attached except one, but I'll try the dish...My blue urchin was walking around with it on its back

8. Click Here!

9. Coasterofluv

Coasterofluv Fire Worm

I thought gluing mushrooms seemed cruel too however I had a FL species under net for like a week and it never took to the rock so my LFS said I could glue it and I did. Glued a ricordea too. So far so good.

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

patience, IMO