"Glued Down Plate Coral" thread appolagy to everyone!

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by HollyG, Dec 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

It always works out on 3reef. Glad to see that you are going top stock around.

Michael Rice
    Marine Engineers Aquarium Blog
    Sent from Tapatalk so excuse my poor English

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

lol! YEP! Holly! I was kinda mad for you! I agree, i would prob not have apologized as quick as you, but then again, i'm a stubborn guy! Kudos to you and best wishes to you and your plate/fungia!

"SERENITY NOW!' sorry i'm old! Seinfeld reference for when you're frustrated! Happy reefing!

2 people like this.
  4. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

one of the best.

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

lol Mike, there's you're signature in a nutshell!

6. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Lol I don't even notice anymore. Figure my signature has me covered.

Michael Rice
    Marine Engineers Aquarium Blog
    Sent from Tapatalk so excuse my poor English

7. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

I do remember reading that actually! And yea I'm pretty sure it is a Fungia. I remember when I first saw the coral I was looking over it and on the underside there was a piece of skeleton that stuck out more than the rest of it and the flesh didn't cover that spot. That is where I actually placed the tiny dab of glue.

8. Click Here!

9. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

Hey guys a little update about what's goin on with the plate. it's still doing good but today I saw one of my stupid electric blue hermits sitting ontop of it and eating away at the flesh on the top!!!!! I couldn't believe it and that was the LAST STRAW! So, I put them in a baggy and brought them into my LFS and traded them in for smaller dwarf red legged hermits (I realized then that I should have done that in the first place *sigh*) Since I have a dwarf blue leg hermit, the cousin of the dwarf red leg, and I haven't had any problems with that guy (or my left handed hermit for that matter) I figured I would get some since they were all out of blue legs. So far the hermits are working out nicely and have been muching away on my LR. The plate has a tear in its flesh where the electric blue was eating it, but it has inflated and is doing fine. Since I had removed the lectric blues I actually took the plate out to gently remove it from the rock but there is kind of a big problem. The flesh on the underside has now grown completely around the tiny drop of glue and even onto the rock a little. So, i unfortunately can't free it from the rock without tearing the flesh on the underside. I guess I'll just have to leave it....

I'm just waiting for one of you to say "told ya so!"..... LOL.....

10. SwimsWithFish

Encrust or bust- an epic story of plate corals and crabs.

If this was a movie...^

11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Thumbs up!! I don't know what happened in the thread but it takes a big person to admit when they acted out. Congratulations to you! Hopefully your Plate does well and even if not, you have learned a few valuable lessons about both reefing and yourself!

/applaud.

12. SwimsWithFish

+1,299,200 :)