"Glued Down Plate Coral" thread appolagy to everyone!

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by HollyG, Dec 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

Hello to all that have been invloved in my last post about gluing my plate coral down to save it from the hermit crabs. I know that an appolagy on my part is indeed in order to all of you. I was taking a lot of the replies personally as insults and mocking when clearly you were just trying to give me good advice. My reaction and outburst to all of you was unnessissary and childish, and I know that. Sometimes it can be hard to tell if someone is giving friendly critasizm and suggestion or being snarky and mocking over the internet. I over reacted to some great advice and it took me to go back to that thread and read over all the comments to realize it. I am sorry to everyone involved and I didn't mean for that post to get blown out of proportion as much as it did. I thank all of you for your honesty and I will be keeping you posted as to how the plate is doing. As of right now it still seems to be doing fine and had a big dinner! ;D

(I would have posted this on my old thread but it had been closed and I don't know how or if I can open it again lol Still a newbie on this forum! lol) ::)

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

The mods closed the file due to responses in it and it will most likely stay closed. It is hard to tell how people are responding due to the anonymity offered by the web and some people taking advantage of that fact.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I would insert group hug icon here if I had one.

:)

5. lmr2o

lmr2o Millepora

This is why 3reef is such a great place!

6. HollyG

LOL ya me too! I just felt like such a fool after that thread and figured I'd set things straight! :) All is good!

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I'm glad this turned out well! Don't feel too bad, its really often hard to interpret intention through written text verse spoken word, especially in person! I'm 35, and got in a tiff about RODI units on here for heavens sake! And that was over plastic!lol! i love 3reef over the other forums because it feels like more of a family, and i think we all know how too much family can result in testiness!lol!

I think we all strive to do the best for the critters we have and sometimes us noobies get a little rushed and panic! You did what you thought was best for your coral! And some backed you up, some did not! that seems to be a common occurrence on many topics in this field! Congrats on calming down and staying on this forum, i truly think this one has the best people with the biggest hearts and most patience!

Feed it good, help it grow, and show her off in a few months!;D

8. Click Here!

9. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I agree with what cosmo said, "Congrats on calming down and staying on this forum, i truly think this one has the best people with the biggest hearts and most patience!" Honestly I would've taken some of those posts the same way lol. Thanks for giving 3reef a second chance! :)

10. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Indeed!:)

11. HollyG

Yea, well this forum seems to be such a fantasic one that it would be a little rediculous to just drop out just like that! Especially over something so rediculous! lol. What I did to my little plate I did thinking that it was the best thing I could do at the time. But there was a better option than gluing it down, even though I used as little glue as possible! I've only been reefing for not even a year yet (almost) so it was a rookie thing to do as I was a little paniced and worried the hermits would kill the poor thing! But like I mentioned before my friend that gave it to me glued all his plates when they were small and had great success and all are now huge, so that kindda gave me the confidence to act on it regardless of the ppl who were telling me not to. Though i did have "don't do it" in the back of my mind, so I didn't just ignor the ppl who were saying that I shouldn't do it. I definately was hesitant but my friend insisted that it would be fine since he has done it many times before and he had been reefing a lot longer than I have! So, i decided I would and I didn't mean to insult or make it seem like I was ignoring the ppl who suggested not to. Everytime I go to take a look at my tank and see how the plate is doing I do have it in the back of my head that it is possible it may not make it and that only time will tell.

12. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Reef-a-holic mentinoed that your plate could be a Fungia. Is this possible? He stated "Fungia actually start out life attached to the reef and don't become free-living on the substrate until they are larger/older. If you turn over a Fungia you'll find a "scar" or sometimes called a "nipple" in the center where the young Fungia was once attached. With the very small size of the coral in question she may actually be coming closer to replicating the corals habitat at this young age than we realize. I don't think it's unreasonable to think the corals tissue may heal and grow over the glued area. I've seen many a plate coral that has lost tissue on the underside regrow it."

I didn't know if you caught that or not. Just curious is all.