Glue it yourself sump tank

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by browntrout, May 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

Cool. Im pretty sure a 40watt will not cut 3/4.
    You can find used machines for a decent price. Some machines are programmed to vector cut and some are programmed for raster engraving. Each will do both types of cutting but it will only do 1 really fast. My machine is designed to vector cut. It can rastor enngrave but it's really slow. You could actually use a rotary engraver to route out pieces of acrylic plus it will give you a flatter edge when you laser acrylic unless the bed you rest the material on is 100 level it doesn't make the edge totally straight. That's why these sumps were to used weld on 16 and not #4

2. Click Here!

3. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I just looked and my last trophy was 1/2" thick. Thanks for the info on the differences. I noticed that the machines either engrave really fast, then cut through slower, and vice versa. Maybe (and this is assuming I actually get one) that I would go with a 60w to give more head room, unless it's significantly more money. I used my router to cut my pieces, but even that, I can't get a very smooth nice edge. The one in my table is a cheapo Skil that can't hold its base stead if it's plunged the least bit, so it never cuts true and plum. I really don't like the idea of having to mount and dismount my Porter Cable, but I guess I will if I have to.
    Oh well, I have time to think about it anyway. :)