Glue it yourself sump tank

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by browntrout, May 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

This is my idea for my sump/ refug/ and ATO reservoir unit any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

I don't have anymore spare plex. I just had made a few extras out of the material I had. I don't have time to cut and ship anything right now. Sorry. I was giving these things away for free. Plex has gone up a huge amount in the past...

4. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

Thats cool, there is a local guy that will do it, but I figured that since you were a member I would send some business your way.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Dustin

5. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

Cool. I own a sign shop and work with acrylic, so this isn't a business venture for me, but thanks for trying to keep a fellow member busy :)

6. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

You are right down the street from me browntrout! Well ok, a 45min drive down the 15 anyway lol. I'm looking at getting a laser engraver too, but weeeee are they pricey. Getting one that has an open door and 24" width to work with are like $7k starting, ugh.

7. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

Yes they are. Basically you pay for the wattage. My unit is a 100watt C02 laser and it was 60k.

Where you located?

8. Click Here!

9. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Wow, for that kind of money, can you engrave your own silver dollars?

10. FuzzBall03

FuzzBall03 Flamingo Tongue

60K?!
    My god, that is nearly 6x's the amount of my down payment on a house...

11. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

Yes they are $$$ but you are talking about a machine that can cut through 1" thick acrylic and leave a polished edge. Right after you do that you can actually cut viynl and it wont cut through the paper backer. This is a machines that actually produces about 200 signs a day all day 5 days a week....it actually eliminated a job that was once needed for my business. Well worth theinvestment.

12. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I know, they are great equipment and so versatile. It's only a hobby thing, nothing for a ROE for me, which is why I shudder at $6k+. If I were to get one, I'd use it to cut the walls for sumps/fuges. One of my friends asked me to make little acrylic boxes as gifts for my karate organization at our next tournament. Another use would be to make the acrylic trophies we have been purchasing. I wouldn't need anything super heavy duty, maybe 40W to cut 3/4" or less and to engrave our school logo and division text on it.
    I'm located in the northern Fontana area, right at the base of the mountain.