Glass-holes.com overflow setup

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by reef84, Feb 8, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

So there are two drains 1.5" drains that are necked down to 1" at the sump...
    Standpipes? Durso, Stockman?
    You plan on having one at full siphon and the other tuned back or both at siphon or ?

2. Click Here!

3. reef84

reef84 Feather Duster

I plan to use a 1500gph glass holes kit. It runs 2x 1.5 inch drains that I will have to reduce down to 2x 1 inch to get into the two bulkheads on the refugium. From the info glass holes have me neither drain runs at full siphon. They said both drains run at less than capacity

4. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Sorry, I must be getting old!

The 9.5 would be great, roughly 700-800 gph, (before plumping elbows and what not). Still need a ball or gate valve to tune tho.

Have you considered getting a bigger return pump to possibly run a fuge and\or reactors also?

5. reef84

reef84 Feather Duster

Te sump is actually a fuge and I already have a tlf reactor that I plan on using from my 75

6. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

I think the 9.5 will be plenty since you're going into a 1".

The Sicce Syncra 4, Eheim compact 5000 are thoughts also. (eheim 1262 great but a bit weak for your application)

You can't expand the holes in your sump to take the 1.5" drains?

7. reef84

reef84 Feather Duster

Actually I I take the bulkheads off the refugium the holes that are drilled into the acrylic bracket are 1 3/4 inch. Not sure what the OD is on 1 1/2 inch PVC but I may be able to run the PVC directly through into the filter sock.