Glass get a scratch? OOWWWW!!!

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Stovebolt-V8, Mar 31, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Stovebolt-V8

Stovebolt-V8 Feather Duster

Thanks AHP, I could use the extra eyes watching :)

2. Click Here!

3. Stovebolt-V8

Stovebolt-V8 Feather Duster

Oh my gosh!!

OK, I promise this will be the last post to this thread :-X After a phone conversation with polishing product company they convinced me to try one more thing, their Liquid Diamond Polish. ::) The tank was torn down with the fish in a trash can (with water and air and LR :crazy: ) So I laid the tank on it's back and used the "polish grit" with the drill for a couple hours then used the Diamond Polish for another couple hours but all over the front of the tank.
    Let me explain what an hour of polishing consists of. 5 min of pressing the drill with compound and water into the glass then 5 min of wiping it clean then 5 min of rest with an ice tea :laughy:

Well, :surprised I'm amazed, it actually cleared the glass of the fog look. It still isn't like new (maybe another couple hours :p ) but if I didn't point out the area you wouldn't even notice it. ;D

Here's what I learned, there is NO easy way to remove a scratch from glass, but rather than spend $700 / $900 for a new tank it's worth considering. If you have a small scratch an inch or so long I might try again. Anything close to the 3 foot scratch I had :party-smi RUN & BUY A NEW TANK!!