Glass Algae?

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Arman2K, Nov 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

yes that is exactly what it does, it allows more time for the plants to absorb light so it will use more nutrients from your system

2. Click Here!

3. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

not necessarily fish will do fine in the dark but moonlights are meant to simulate the lighting water gets at night from the moon....try an old credit card or a razor its easier and can be attached to a stick or something of the sort

4. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

5. Arman2K

Arman2K Coral Banded Shrimp

6. chelonianraces

chelonianraces Flamingo Tongue

Coralline algae do sometimes come in different colours from pink to red to purple to GREEN to BROWN,, and i don't think there are any other species of algae that are hard? Can you upload a picture?

Green Coralline
    [​IMG]

7. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

That sounds like coraline algae, although purple is the common color, there are also green and orange and red coraline algaes as well. Leaving your moonlights on is not going to increase your algae growth IMO.

8. Click Here!

9. gabbyr189

gabbyr189 Bubble Tip Anemone

Oh and btw, why would you be sorry for another post? Don't be! We are all obviously on here much more than we should because we love it. For instance, I should be studying for my molecular genetics exam right now. Instead I am telling someone to post as much as they want so I can sit on here longer and answer/debate questions. Can someone please ban me from 3reef for the rest of the semester, ughhh.