Girls can have tanks too =]

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Kristiavi, Mar 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kristiavi

Kristiavi Coral Banded Shrimp

Apparently theres lots of us ;D

2. Click Here!

3. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

The tanks looking good so far Kristiavi! Your man will be proud haha. I love the sand sifter, I just got a little one today actually. I'm pretty pumped about it, they're so cool! Have you thought about adding anymore rock?

4. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

Iv'e been wanted a guy my age around here thats into reefing! Its impossible to find a cute guy into reefing. BUT I might get a job and one of the fish stores I go to +1 for me ;D im on the prowl :p

5. Kristiavi

I have since the pictures =] About 10 more pounds, and i have 10 pounds of crushed live rock in my sump. I need to post newer pictures lol. I love my sand sifter too, A lot of people told me not to keep him but hes fun to watch and actually climbs my rocks and glass. He has almost doubled in size since i bought him. Enjoy yours =]

6. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Yahh lets see some pics! I saw that actually.. I've done a buncha reading on sand stars.. From what I read is they can clean a tanks sand bed in a tank our size (mines a 40g) somewhat quickly.. So there's a risk of starving to death. But then that they don't show any sign's of starvation for up to 18 months, and that they're usually lifespan in captivity is like 2-3 years.. Sooo lol seem's okay to me! I had someone tell me a lil piece of "advice" on here that I really liked concerning fish and livestock.. That was to not take advice at all. Obviously, you should do your research on what you're thinking about adding. But most people, not all, but most give you their own experiences with fish/coral/inverts etc.. Experience thing's for yourself, whether its with a possible coral nipping fish or our sand sifting stars.. Bc you're experience might be totally different from theirs. I hope that makes sense.. But I think it's a good piece of advice to go by.

7. Kristiavi

Thanks, I think thats great advice =]

8. Click Here!

9. Anthos312

Anthos312 Millepora

niceee. Ive always wondered what it would be like to work in a fish store (as far as the discounts goes and everything). Also, i dont even explain how a saltwater tank works to my friends or girls anymore. 1) they just dont get it, 2) they get bored and dont really care.... haha so ive given up on finding a girl thats interested in tanks (although ive convinced a few of my friends to start).

10. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

Very nice looking tank!

11. Kristiavi

12. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

Yea seriously they just dont get it its like speaking a different language lol. And at this pet store I talked to the guy today and he said we would get a 25% discount if I worked there! super awesome. a