Giesemann Teszla LED Fixture

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Braver69, Feb 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Braver69

Braver69 Plankton

Hey has anyone had a chance to check these out (Giesemann Teszla LED Fixture). I was thinking of using three of them over my 210 gallon tank that I bought. But I am not sure how good they will be, seems to be very little info on them out there. My tank is 72"l 24"W and 29"T. Interested in what you guys think.

2. Click Here!

3. Braver69

Braver69 Plankton

Hmm Im surprised no one has any input so far. I wish i could find something with this fixture in action. Guess maybe they are too new for anyone to have yet.

4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I found a par readout for you here [​IMG]

5. ingtar_shinowa

looks like the coverage is about 2 ft ish

6. Braver69

Braver69 Plankton

Ahh thats pretty good coverage and par for only 66W of power. Hmm just wish I could get a shot of them lighting up a tank. But thank you for the info you found.

7. Jake

Jake Sea Dragon

8. Click Here!

9. ingtar_shinowa

i just dont like the W/B spectrum. I know it has 2 special bulbs, and i bet the a UV's, imo corals need some other wavelengths as well. At least this light has both Royal BLue and regular blues, so i think its an improvement over AI Sol's

10. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

AI Sols have both RB and Blue as well.

11. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

They aren't out yet, so no one can really tell you much about them. There is something wrong with the PAR chart though, others use the same LEDs and don't get nearly the PAR. I'm guessing reefbuilders translated something wrong. Also, as to the price, you may want to ask about the deposit, I am guessing that is only a small percent of the total price. If I know Giessemann, I would bet that $500 is a 20% deposit... Would be nice if I was wrong, but you can barely buy a light bulb from Giessemann for that price...

12. ingtar_shinowa

Snap! when I was looking at them a while back they listed 470nm blue spectrum I figured they had one led for blues.