Getting Twisted with Bashsea Skimmers

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

If anyone is going to bring back downdraft skimmers it is Steve Bashi of Bashsea Mastered Aquatic Designs in Michigan. Just look at his hand-built 6"x24" 'Twisted' model. Not only is it innovative with 'twisted' diffusers in the injector for maximum air/water contact time and efficiency - it is crazily over-built like old American cars. This skimmer will literally crush the competition. This is a theme with all of Steve's products, they are innovative and built to last. Steve loves this hobby and it shows in all of his products. Pics, specs and more from the Bashsea product line below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bashsea TWISTED 6" x 24" Beckett Skimmer
    MSRP: $379.99

Chamber Diameter: 6"
    Overall Height: 24"
    Recommended Pump: Mag Drive 9.5 or Equivalent (950 GPH)

Max Tank Size (Heavy Bio Load): 100 Gallon
    ^^ THIS HAS TO BE CONSERVATIVE I THINK ^^

• 100% American Acrylic
    • CNC Precision Fabrication
    • True O-ring Sealed Flanges
    • Patent Pending Ultra-Efficient Injection System
    • Designed by a hobbyist at heart for the hobbyist
    • Custom sizes and or modifications available

Pictured was a 'Hot Rod Series' Twisted Bashsea Skimmer:

In the Bashsea Hot Rod Series we present you with a supercharged version of our standard products. Set yourself apart with a Hot Rod Series Filter complete with hand painted flames. Extreme hobbyists use extreme filters!!!

• Standard colors - red flames, blue flames
    • High quality clear coated automotive paint
    • Hand painted by custom hotrod artist Greg Pennington
    • Products available - Twisted Skimmer, Bio-Reactor, and No-Trate
    • Available in any custom color upon request
    • JUST PLAIN BAD ASS !

----

BashSea Blu Demon Needle Wheel Skimmers

[​IMG]

Bashsea's Blu Demon skimmers run on Sicce PSK pumps are seriously impressive as well. I am still thinking about them weeks after MACNA. At first glance you would not catch it, but the water output on the Blu Demon skimmers is forced into the blue base where it travels over to the cylinder containing the gate valve. Then it goes up and into an inner sleeve and out some small holes near the bottom where it then exits the skimmer. Steve told me the valve cylinder took him 17 versions before he felt he got it right. Why the effort? So you don't get any bubbles in your tank! In fact, you won't even see bubble in your sump. I saw it myself. It's nuts. I want one. Seriously.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----

NO-TRATE Denitrator 8"x12" by Bashsea

Remember denitrator coils? BashSea has that covered with serious yardage.

[​IMG]

Price: $269.99
    Weight: 10.00 lbs

The Bashsea No-Trate is an all natural Nitrate removal system. In the No-trate oxygen rich water flows through the small diameter tubing were aerobic bacteria colonize the inner walls and remove the oxygen from the water. The oxygen free water then enters the center chamber were anaerobic bacteria colonize a perfect mixture of bio-media.

• 100% Natural Process
    • No dangerous chemicals needed
    • Does not alter Ph
    • Maintenance free when pre-filtered
    • Utilizes highly porous calcium carbonate bio-media
    • Precision CNC Key Hole Flanges
    • True O-Ring Seals
    • Designed and hand built in the U.S.A. using 100% American Made Acrylic
    • Recommended flow rate 1-6 GPH
    • Uses ½" hose barb fittings

----

Bashsea Bio-Reactor 8"x24"

Price: $449.99

[​IMG]

I stared at Bashsea's Bio-Reactor a lot. This is the ultimate wet/dry with zero maintenance utilizing 'moving-bed' technology. It will not clog as the media is rotated vigorously and the bacteria is constantly regenerating from the scraping. If you have a tank full of Sweet Lips or Groupers, this is your filter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Bashsea Bio-Reactor was designed to be the ultimate biological filter. Bashsea is the first company to manufacture a biological filter utilizing Moving Bed Technology for the marine aquarium. The Bashsea Bio Media provides the maximum active surface area for the bacteria to colonize, more than other types of static media. It is this process that removes harmful ammonia and nitrite from the water. As the Bio-Media moves within the filter, it causes old dead bacteria on the surface to be removed. This makes space for new heavier feeding bacteria to rapidly colonize. Within the media is a protected surface which allow bacteria to follow their natural life cycle driving the latter stages of the nitrification cycle.

Includes Bio Media

• 100% self cleaning bio media- ZERO MAINTENANCE REQUIRED
    • Bashsea engineered water injection plate provides perfect Bio-Motion
    • Rubber Membrane Air Diffuser will never clog or need to be replaced
    • Precision CNC Key Hole Flanges
    • True O-Ring Seals
    • Included gate valve for precise water level control
    • Designed and hand built in the U.S.A. using 100% American Made Acrylic
    • All Bio-Reactors are fully customizable in any size and configuration

---

Bashsea has it all - high quality, hand-built aquarium products that are innovative at great prices. My hat is off to Steve Bashi who is showing it how it is done… right.

matt

BashSea Web site:
    Home
    (Hi-Res pics and more)

An online BashSea Vendor:
    Bashsea Protein Skimmers

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Bashsea skimmers seem to be the "Cadillac" of skimmers. That bio-reactor is beyond impressive as well. Very cool.

4. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Now if they will only make one for nano tanks!

5. reefwerks

reefwerks Flamingo Tongue

As being a proud retailer for Steve and his products, I cant say I have ever come across a better built and better performing skimmer and Bio-Fuge. His stuff cannot be truly appreciated until you get your hands on it. Steve has put together a industry bar raising package and he backs it all up with amazing customer service and support.

Awesome work Steve...;)

These units do not stay in stock past 24 hours, and now you know why!!!

6. antole

antole Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

That skimmer looks mean. I know whats on my christmas list. Not a bad price either.

7. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Steve rocks! The amount of detail on that Blu-Demon, you have to stare at it for a bit before you notice it all. His stuff is top notch, looks money for sure.
    By the way, there are multiple sizes of TWISTED skimmer, and the one you have pictured is the HOT-ROD series, which is custom painted and more expensive than the normal TWISTED.

8. Click Here!

9. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

i love my bashsea biofuge! very well built products from steve and all american made. his shop is about a half mile away from my house lol ive been there before and its quite a sight. skimmers and sumps all over the place.

10. reefwerks

reefwerks Flamingo Tongue

Im jealous!
    I plan to get there this year!

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Indeed.

That would fantastic. Great idea.

Nice to hear Steve.

My list too when my Bubble Magus dies.

Aye. I mentioned that in the 1st post. ;)

matt

12. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I cant find a price for the none twisted versions? the R&D history is pretty amazing.