Getting thrown by the Maxspect Gyre

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 1, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Oryo

Oryo Feather Duster

Here in Los Angeles/Orange County they're having the Reef-A-Palooza show next weekend. I have a feeling that they'll be there with a booth promoting the product. I'm crossing my fingers to attending next weekend show? :)

I have a small 36 gallon tank and think the 35 W version might be still too powerful and too expensive. According to the video above the 50 W one is going to sell for $299 so I'm assuming the 35 W will sell for $199 & 75 W will sell for $399? I think $199 for the 35 W is a little steep for such a small tank considering the other options that are out there.

Estimated Gyre availability:
    XF130: 30-35w (not yet finalized), to be available in December.
    XF150: 50w Available this November
    XF170: 70-75w (not yet finalized), to be available in Q1/2015

2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

I'm swaying more toward the gyre. I'm hoping it'll be there next weekend to see in person. I'm still a little uncomfortable getting the first generation of anything.

4. tunamike

tunamike Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

FOD I'm looking forward to hearing about the results... I think in the mean time I'm going to add one or both of my wp-25's I have from my old tank...

Not gonna lie I'm pretty "pumped" about this new pump some serious outside the box thinking and seems like sheer brilliance! Love the whole concept...more indirect flow which seems more natural. I'm sure corals will be happier and fish too so they will stop getting blasted by the powerhead bursts, more constant even flow just seems like a win win!

: maxspect, gyre