Getting thrown by the Maxspect Gyre

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 1, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

Wow, this is very cool. I've been thinking of replacing my koralia evolutions in my 75 gal, I almost bought that Chinese knock off of the Tunze wave maker, but I'll wait for this to come out.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

This just in... posted on YouTube an hour ago... 50w version will be less than $300.

4. stylaster

stylaster Gigas Clam

I saw that when i was there too. I hope the price comes down some though

Matt Rogers likes this.
  5. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

agreed. I want to use one of these in my next build. I have the perfect location for it and I think it will be very helpful, but I can't cut that price. Not with my initial budget, hopefully someday...

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Agreed as well.

I also curious about maintenance.
    I do appreciate that the Gyre should be more critter friendly than some prop pumps for instance. My emerald crab is missing both claws now.

7. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Oh come on! and I just got my pair of Wp40s setup on my reefkeeper with the APC module.

8. Click Here!

9. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

I can see buying this a year down the line. I'd like to hear more about how well they function over the long term, customer service, ect. As far as the concept goes, that's exactly what I was hoping to find. I still think some focused power heads will be needed for dead spots.

10. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I can tell you that customer service will not be a problem with CoralVue. Some of the best in the business! I think I'll be trying this out upon release...our sooner if someone at CoralVue is reading! Send me one!

1.0reef and Billme like this.
  11. tunamike

tunamike Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I think ill be trying one when released as well!!! I have two wp-40's on my 120 (48x24x24) and i have strong flow in some spots and minimal in others... since It will be SPS and zoa dominant I want the flow everywhere to be pretty good not a fan of the latent zones i have now. Think its causing problems with my zoas. Pretty sure I'll be able to run just one 50w gyre and should be good. my rock is pretty intricate so we'll see but im super excited about minimizing the "gunk" i have attached to the glass and wires which make possible wrasse escapes where my screens are bent to allow wires to come out.

12. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I have the same dimension tank as you. I'm getting one shortly. I'll let you know how the flow is with a 50W version. I also had 2 WP40's and was very underwhelmed with the performance. I currently have 4 MP10's and am pleased, other than the noise. Hopefully I'll have 4 Vortech's for sale soon!

: maxspect, gyre