Getting out....

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by oceanparadise1, Nov 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

nice teaser... now you going to make us wait with you;D
    its going to be awesome!;)

2. Click Here!

3. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

hahah well tmrw im drianing the tank and removing the sand and will start the stack, when stack is done ill add sand, then in a week ill have my ro and start filling it, once its filled ill order the salt, im in no rush and im going to do this 100% correct by the book. im not going to have a mishab happen again.

4. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

All right, who the hell are you and what have you done with Phil?!?!

5. oceanparadise1

LOL ahhh man you guys are great serioulsy if it wasnt for this site id be out of the hobby

6. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

men i promise you.. when i read you are determined i got a chill. ( i only get those when something is pretty cool) and yea... ;D
    lets race. ( to see who sets up the reef first)..

i think its a fair match since im going SLOW... because im technically doing this myself..(reminding you im 17 and i only work 2 days a week);D and right now i have in my piggy bank umm lets see...1.2.3.4... $0... until next week. (and still dont have the lights which cost 1200)..

so is it a race?

7. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

Glad you are sticking with it.

Why the switch from MH to T5s?

8. Click Here!

9. oceanparadise1

hahaha i dont know if u wanna race i already have my system all plumed, all the live rock all the equipment and honestly money isnt really a factor here its more of talking the girl into letting me spend it lol but sure we can race bc its probably gonna take me a month to get my stack the way i want it! lol im doing this right and im doing it big this time :)

10. oceanparadise1

hmm good question. i like the color combos but i dont want to lose the shimmer effect so what i might do is go back to my old smaller reflectors and add in 6-10 t5hos for the color and added light. so it would be the 3x250 mh plus the t5s and id get ride of hte vhos.....idk yet i have a lot of options im thinking about

11. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

lol i know.. well i do have my system ready.. i only need the lights. (that can take some time but is doable..) wish my parents would go more easy on me and just give me some money but they have this policy of " you have to earn it" which makes things harder.

12. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

That's a tough choice. I'm running strictly T5s and I'm getting decent coral growth. The growth actually picked up when I went with more actinics. I actually think my tank was too bright before. I must admit though there is a LFS here that has MH on a couple of their tanks and I'm just in awe of the color they are getting. The shimmer is nice but after a while it hurts my eyes but I really admired the crispness of their MH tanks.