Getting my first coral tomorrow!!!!

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Puffer Chick, Dec 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea i'll go for both of they have both, think they zoas and polyps will get along on the same rock

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

4. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

I have mine in separate areas because they grow so fast I did not want them to over grow each other. Especially the polyps. i got one in September that had 3 heads and now has over 20. Grows like a weed but looks much better.

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hmm maybe i'll make pic number 1 the zoa/polyp rock as welll but with having zoas on one and polyps on others, i'm wanting a mainly lps/sps tank so i'm limitng myself on softies and zoas and polyps are the only ones that i really like

6. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

That is what i have done for the most part.Cheap and the colors you can pick from our numerous. There is a store in Sarasota that sells frags for 6-10 each and amazing colors. I can actually go into the store see a "large" rock and ask them to frag it for me and they will. It keeps my cost down and watching them grow is fun. It also saves me a ton of money. In 5-6 months I will have the "large" coral. Have fun putting up the lights. If you have to use a ladder be carefull and remember it is not the fall that hurts but the sudden stop at the end.

7. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

you better be putting your new coral on the "rock over there" ;)

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

wow that's awesome. And thanks my dad will be the one putting up the lights lol their trying to figure out how to not put holes in the new siding while puting up the lights, so we'll see what my dad uses to hang up the lights, we usually use a staple gun, but with them redoing our househe doesn't want to leave multiple holes

lol just to piss you off i will not put the new coral on the "rock over there" :lol:

10. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

Don't they have hangers for siding so you do not put holes in the siding???

Here our some pics 2 months apart

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

wow the corals are so pretty they really are like weeds, but these are the good weeds, unlike gsp and xenia which are the bad weeds :D

12. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

I got some when I lived in NC and they slid under the siding. I think i got then at lowes and they were cheap. A couple of bucks for a pack of 50 or so.