Getting Frags and Fish this Weekend!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 11, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

:) :) :)

I am pretty pumped.. now that I am getting settled in my new apartment I started thinking about getting my hex stocked up a bit since it only has a few mushrooms, snails, urchin and star fish... so I go online and whattya know! There is a frag swap this weekend with BBQ and beer! 8) [smiley=beer2.gif]

It is being run by Bay Area Reef Enthusiasts at a top notch lfs 'Tropical Paradise.'

They seem to be REALLY into it, I hope to learn a lot about fragging. Being a greenie ;D, I also feel great about not having to buy a bunch of wild-caught corals.

Can't wait for saturday!

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

matt

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Sounds awesome. You will learn a lot at the event. At the first fragging event I went to, I learned a lot......especially not to worry so much. Corals can take a lot.

Tropical Paradise is a class act. I got my first O.s. mantis shrimp from them. Since they were shipping so far, they sent me an email the next day to make sure it was allright. Great company in my book.

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[glow=blue, 6, 300]Yahoo Matt......Me want some pictures and a document on how to frag would be nice. This will be due Monday morning or your grounded.[/glow] :p

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[smiley=LolLolLolLol.gif]

You know I'm on it. Don't know about Monday though. ::)

[quote author=inwall75 link=board=General;num=1071177772;start=0#1 date=12/11/03 at 14:14:33]Tropical Paradise is a class act.  I got my first O.s. mantis shrimp from them.  Since they were shipping so far, they sent me an email the next day to make sure it was allright.  Great company in my book.
    [/quote]

Wow. :eek: That's customer service.

6. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

hey dat sounds like fun, take some pix 4 us.
    JOE

7. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Way cool Matt, thankls for the heads yp! Have a blast, share the knowledge, and post some awesome pics![/b]

8. Click Here!

9. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Hurry up and post some pictures

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

OK! I am back from the frag BBQ! 8)

It was awesome! I got a whole bunch of frags and I could have had more! [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

The people from Bay Area Reef Enthusiasts were great and the Tropical Paradise store was coral heaven! I had a great time.

Check it out!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out some of my frags:
    [​IMG]

I got a pink tree, leather, star polyps, zoos, xenias, a two headed hammer frag - the only one I bought from the store, it was $18 - and more! [smiley=trampoline.gif]

It was a blast!

People were great, got frags, burger, hotdog, beer all for the membership fee of $30.

How great is that?

:) :) :)

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I wish they would come here.....

12. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

Matt....looks like you got some nice stuff....as well as having a great time.....!!!