Get back to it

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by gajones06, Apr 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gajones06

gajones06 Astrea Snail

I use to post on here then slowly stoped but since then I have moved and sold my aquariums. Now that I am settle into my new place I am looking to get back into it. I have located a shop but they are way over priced so I have resorted to looking at petsmart. I spotte a marine land 37 with an LED hood that is in my price range but I have never had an LED good before. I am concerned that it won't allow light to penetrate deep enough for corals let alone provide enough or a healthy environment. Has anyone had any experience? I would like to make it a one stop shop for a hood an tank but would it be worth while to get the seperate? I want to be able to have some corals like star polyps.

2. Click Here!

3. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

I have seen the exact tank you speak of and I have to say that the light will not support corals. Maybe the lowest light corals, but that would be it.

An ideal LED light for a tank of this size would be something like the AI SOL. $400...ish. There are other brands, but thats just my personal preference.

4. gajones06

gajones06 Astrea Snail

Well that is disappointing...I know salt water tanks are expenssive but I was waiting to keep tank/hood/stand under 300..

5. Seancelebrity

Seancelebrity Feather Duster

to be honest man you can do all that for less then 300 just have to shop around check ebay craigslist everywhere. hell i built my stand out of cinder blocks and 3/4 inch plywood but thats only for a 20. you can youtube how to build a nice stand cost you probably 20 bucks.

6. Daisylopez

Daisylopez Plankton

yeah what seancelebrity said!! you can deff build your own!