Garlic

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by nuge, Apr 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. invert phil

invert phil Millepora

North Yorkshire, England, Europe, Earth, Milkyway,
    IMO and IME If water qualities are bad, no matter how much garlic you feed your fish they will still have problems. This is the same if a fish is being attacked by another aggresive fish, it will still have a problem regardless of how much garlic you feed it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. kss2801

kss2801 Montipora Capricornis

ok, thanks for the info.
    I just ground a couple cloves into a DIY fish food i made. It doesn't seem like that much, i think i will add less next time though. 2% is a really small amount.

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Is white spot the same thing as ich? I've noticed a loss of coloration on my coral beauty's head above the eyes. It doesn't look like salt grains, as ich does though.

5. invert phil

invert phil Millepora

North Yorkshire, England, Europe, Earth, Milkyway,
    Yes whitespot is the same thing as ich. To work out what is causing the colouration loss I need to know more about your set up. What are your water parameters; pH, temp, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate? What size tank do you have and what fish do you have in it?

You might want to start a new thread as people can get annoyed with 'thread hijacking'...

It does sound like a nutritional problem.