Garlic Xtreme ich

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by chase, Feb 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chase

chase Astrea Snail

how much Garlic Xtreme do you put in the tank?

or do you just put it in the food?

i have ick bad at the min dose Garlic help?

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't use the product you mentioned but, I use my garlic supplement to thaw the food I'm getting ready to feed. This gives for good saturation. Atleast that's my theory anyways.

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I actually use it and use it the way mission said. I add about two drops onto the frozen food and let it thaw out, then feed.

5. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

just a few drops, depending on how much food you are feeding. let it thaw in that and feed straight out.

But if you have a bad case of ick, I wouldn't rely solely on the garlic supplementation

6. Blkburban

Blkburban Astrea Snail

Is this a Reef tank or a FO ick is nasty if you have a bad case what kind of fish are you dealing with, Ick will stay in your rocks and can be carried by fish that dont show symptoms, you need to isolate the fish that have the ick in a quarantine tank, and either give them a fresh water dip or dose them with a copper treatment, and keep your display tank empty of fish for 30 days so the ick will die off if there are no fish in there, clowns and gobies can host ick but not show signs as they are pretty resistant to disease, I had ick in my reef tank, and pulled all my fish out exept my engineer gobies to a quarantine, and dosed them with copper for over a month the ick went away, and everything was good in the tank. when did the ick show up, did you recently add any new livestock?